Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Mr Dobey
macrumors 6502

What motion graphics app was used?

Hey guys,

I'm usually posting over in the Home Theater section but now I have a graphics question.

I like the motion graphics created in this G-Star movie (click on the view campaign button) and would like to know what program may have been used to make it. After effects maybe? or something like Maya?

Thank You!
Mr Dobey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Mr Dobey
macrumors 6502

Ok turns out it was done by Glassworks Amsterdam. And at least a user on YouTube stated it was created with Cinema 4D
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:00 PM   #3
simsaladimbamba

Yep, C4D it is.

And After Effects is for compositing needs to bring and animate different layers of imported or internally created assets together.

C4D, like Maja, is a 3D modelling and animation software.
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2013, 05:01 PM   #4
Mr Dobey
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
Yep, C4D it is.

And After Effects is for compositing needs to bring and animate different layers of imported or internally created assets together.

C4D, like Maja, is a 3D modelling and animation software.
Thank You!
Old Apr 25, 2013, 10:09 PM   #5
12dylan34
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Dobey View Post
Hey guys,

I'm usually posting over in the Home Theater section but now I have a graphics question.

I like the motion graphics created in this G-Star movie (click on the view campaign button) and would like to know what program may have been used to make it. After effects maybe? or something like Maya?

Thank You!
Your question has been answered, but check out these videos, also made with Cinema 4D and After Effects:

https://vimeo.com/33174546#

And the breakdown of the above video, which I think is even cooler:

https://vimeo.com/35145361#
12dylan34 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:41 PM   #6
fig
macrumors 6502a

Really cool piece.

Pretty much any 3D app could do something like this, though Cinema4D has brought in a lot of motion graphics features in the past few versions that make it easier to do cool things with particles and repeated objects and that sort of thing. It also offers really nice integration with After Effects.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics