Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Did you get in contact through Tim cooks email?
You need to go higher up cause these uninformed reps are just waisting your time.
Shouldnt be that hard to replace an iphone and take so much back and forth and energy.
Hope they make it up to you somehow in the end.
This is nonsense.

No time yet, working 6am-6pm today. Last night they said they would call me back tonight so we will see how that goes. Maybe they did a little research but not getting my hopes up..

----------

That's a little extreme. Since he is in the US he could just go to an Apple Store or speak to a different person.

Like I posted earlier, I live 6 hrs away from an apple store. Along with a full time job, I take online classes full time, I dont have time to make a 12 hr round trip for a phone. Ive spoken to 4 different people; 2 people who answer the calls and try to help, 1 supervisor and 1 I think said he was a senior exec all of which said verizon iphone 4's should have those markings/symbols on the bottom.

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
I talked to a supervisor and supposedly a senior exec last night. They are going to be calling me later tonight when I get off of work. I cannot believe I have already spent three hours trying to show them my phones back is oem and I still have gotten anywhere. 10 ppl at my work have verizon iphone 4's. I checked today, no fcc markings or trash can exactly like mine.

I do not know why they are acting like they have never serviced a verizon iphone 4.

I have always had great luck with apple and applecare.. until now.

Since you are already 4 hours in...might have been worth drive to apple store.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I'm on the phone with applecare right now, well on hold of course. I talked to the guy I talked to last night and he said something about bringing it into an apple store. The main reason I sent it in rather than going to the store was because of the distance. Why would I send it in if I had a local apple store? Anyways, I asked him if he did any research and he said he was able to find a couple with the same back as mine.. then put me on hold again. I asked why I needed to be transfered and he stated that it was up to whoever I am being transferred. Is this really happening? Why is it that every verizon iphone 4 in an unboxing video on youtube look just like mine? Unreal..

Well I give up.. I sat on hold forever and then the department he was transferring me to closed. Im not wasting my time on this anymore. My wife is traveling to see her family next week which is near an apple store. Ill just have her bring it in if my phone shows up to my house before she leaves.

Last edited:

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Just checked the back of my iPhone 4.

No logos/markings.

Only has iPhone and the usual designed/assembled info then model number and FCC ID.

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Just checked the back of my iPhone 4.

No logos/markings.

Only has iPhone and the usual designed/assembled info then model number and FCC ID.

Amazing how Applecare cant realize there is a difference. I mean how long has the Verizon iPhone 4 been out for? close to 2 years?

SchuettS

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Just thought id give you guys/gals an update..

My wife is visiting family that is a 6 hr drive away and has an Apple Store. She made an appointment today at 5 and by 5:10ish she was walking out with a replacement phone. My wife explained the problem and that was it, no questions asked. Im glad everything went smooth at the Apple store but I am still angry at the idiots that I dealt with at Applecare.

And by the way, no markings or symbols on the replacement either.. must not be oem.. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.