Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
So everyday when I come home and leave my house I have to connect my MBP to my TBD to do some office work or browse the web, this has become a habit as I am so use to the beautiful 27". Problem is I'm tired of doing this, so im thinking about getting about Mac.

so far my options are base Mac Mini, or base 11" MBA

I know the difference in price for the 2 will be about $400 and im okay with that. I like the idea of a MBA is for being able to just take it around the house and browse and not have to haul my big expensive 15" RMBP.

Why i would go with the Mini is because this new machine will solely be connected to the TBD, so maybe the laptop is kinda useless, but for that 5-10% chance of the time I want to be mobile the laptop comes to mine..

hmmmm:confused:

SMDBill

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2013
Or buy the mini for permanent connection and an iPad 4 to have a retina display when needing to be mobile but not wanting to lug any laptop around? Or even a mini ipad?

cramazing

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Or buy the mini for permanent connection and an iPad 4 to have a retina display when needing to be mobile but not wanting to lug any laptop around? Or even a mini ipad?

yeah thats another option too Mini + iPad, cost is = to 11"MBA

utekineir

macrumors 6502
Feb 20, 2008
First world problems.

That said, I'm plenty happy with a 15" rmbp that goes around the house and a mini on a couple 23/24 lcd's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.