Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

narutoninjakid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
New Jersey
Was looking into getting a new iPod but I feel as if the 5th gen is a little under powered with the A5 so I was going to get a bad ESN iPhone 5 to use as an iPod from eBay. The bad ESN iPhone 5's go for about $350. I also noticed today that there are already Bad ESN iPhone 5C's so i wasn't sure which is the better bang for the buck. Will one be supported longer than the other ? I do like the metal finish of the iPhone 5 though. What do you guys think ? :confused:

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Both will be supported for a similar, if not the same amount of time as they share the same internals.

On that basis, get whichever one you like best and can get a good deal on.

jakesaunders27

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2012
United Kingdom
Was looking into getting a new iPod but I feel as if the 5th gen is a little under powered with the A5 so I was going to get a bad ESN iPhone 5 to use as an iPod from eBay. The bad ESN iPhone 5's go for about $350. I also noticed today that there are already Bad ESN iPhone 5C's so i wasn't sure which is the better bang for the buck. Will one be supported longer than the other ? I do like the metal finish of the iPhone 5 though. What do you guys think ? :confused:

As someone has already said, get what you like, if it were me i would get a 5C because its newer, although it won't make that much difference i suppose, think i'm just biased towards the 5C because I'm getting one :D

Good luck choosing man

narutoninjakid

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2012
New Jersey
Some good Deals. 16GB enough ?

Seen one bad esn iphone 5 64gb for $390 on sprint. Might get one soon. Just waiting to see how much the new iPad is going to cost. I definitely need a 32GB iPad as I have larger games on that but not sure about the iPhone. Is 16GB enough for a iPhone if you have moderate usage ?

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
It really depends on you and what design you like, otherwise they are hardware the same :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.