Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jarednt1

macrumors member
Original poster
May 2, 2005
Bought a iPad 3 at Launch, anyone wished they now purchased the cellular model now?

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
The cellular version is the way to go, as it maximizes the portability of a tablet.

Granted, if it never leaves your house, then it's pointless.

aka777

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
After having both, I soon realized that the wifi models limits itself to the house.

The cellular edition just gave me so much freedom to use it, wherever and whenever. I think for the mini, this is a must.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Did you get a 3 and now getting a 4?

I totally misread your post, I have iPad Mini on the brain. Sorry! As for my iPad 3 , I went wifi only when I bought it launch day and there have been several times I regretted it. So yes, I wish I would have gone cellular.

MrMacBookPro

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
FL
With a Verizon LTE version would i use my existing plan for the tablet or do i need a separate plan for the Tablet?

My thought was getting a wifi version and using my phone as a hotspot when needed..

MrMacBookPro

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2012
FL
Do you still need to get cellular to have a GPS on the new iPads?

IMO i don't think so.. I found a few youtube videos that a guy was using a external GPS module on his ipad and was getting turn by turn navigation on a Wifi based tablet..

Check ebay for something called "GoPilot"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.