Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TaylorMatsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2012
Title says it all

How do those who have an Apple TV like their device?

What do you use it for the most?

RedCroissant

Suspended
Aug 13, 2011
Title says it all

How do those who have an Apple TV like their device?

What do you use it for the most?

It absolutely is. I recently sold mine because money was tight, but immediately it was useful for Netflix and streaming my iTunes library to my TV. It works much better than my PS3 did for that purpose and it was well worth the money.

If you have an iPad or iPhone and want to share something you're playing on that device that isn't on the ATV(ABC,NBC,CBS...things like that) then you can and then you can watch TV shows without really needing to have basic cable.

Felasco

Oct 19, 2012
If anybody's in the mood, I would appreciate an intro to Apple TV. I don't quite get it yet.

I assume you connect net to AppleTV, and then AppleTV to the TV. Then what happens?

Just last night I got my laptop connected to our new TV. How is this different than AppleTV?

Any basic newbie intro to AppleTV will be appreciated here, thanks.

Rorlow

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2011
Detroit, MI
I have two ATV3's and would not be without them, absolutely love them. I wish there was a work around for NAS connectivity. I had ATV Flash on my ATV1's and miss being able to connect my ATV3 to my NAS. I just finished updating all the meta data on my movies & TV shows using iDentify and highly recommend it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.