Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dreww

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2011
I'm not bothered by my iPAd2 screen compared to my iPhone4 screen either.
A Retina screen would be nice for the mini but I think what's holding me back is the processor. It's basically an iPad2. I'd want a bump in horsepower.

I won't a cellular model. If Apple drops the price far enough on the Gen1 when the Gen2 is released I may go that route. It really depends on what the Gen2 has to offer

Ah, I hadn't considered the processor. Because I'm still using my iPhone 4 and iPad 2, I have no idea how much faster the iPad 4 or iPhone 5 are by comparison (ignorance being bliss in this case).

If I am buying a new device, I suppose it doesn't make much sense to buy something running the same tech as my 2 year old device... Decisions, decisions...

Syk

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2010
Ah, I hadn't considered the processor. Because I'm still using my iPhone 4 and iPad 2, I have no idea how much faster the iPad 4 or iPhone 5 are by comparison (ignorance being bliss in this case).

If I am buying a new device, I suppose it doesn't make much sense to buy something running the same tech as my 2 year old device... Decisions, decisions...

Same boat. I want a mini also but I want a processor/mem boost. I can even live without the retina screen on it. I want the cellular version so I guess it'll come down to what the gen2 has vs how much Apple drops the price on the Gen1 mini and also what iOS7 has. If they leave key features off the gen1 I'll go with the gen2

Bytor65

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2010
Canada
One thing I dont understand is...
People say the iPad Mini is better than the Nexus 7 because it has a larger screen.

A big screen makes a huge difference right? Why can't this logic be applied to the iPhone?

You have to recognize that "people" includes different people at different times.

IMO, Apple should do a big screen phone, for people who want big screens. They are missing an important market niche.

HurryKayne

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
What app NEEDs a quad core atm on the iPad? What app would even benefit from such a battery destroying prozessor?

Right now, the little 5 in the mini is running circles around the entire quad core competition. So for what do you need more?

First i didn't mention any Quad Core.Just A6,which is not.
A7 could be but we'll see.
Then a word ,not an app,POLIPHONY.
A5 is stated by Ik Multimedia/Steinberg by 48 notes
A6 is stated by Ik and Steinberg up to 64
BeatMaker II 32 on A5
Garage Band 64 on A5 but i'm not sure ,maybe its on A6.
This is then what Crudebyte states with their new piano:
Device Stereo Mono Voices
iPad 3 100 200
iPad Mini 84 168
iPad 2 84 168
iPad 1 40 80
iPhone 4S 84 168
iPhone 4 40 80
iPhone 3GS 20 40
iPod touch 5th gen. 84 168
iPod touch 4th gen. 40 80
iPod touch 3rd gen. 20 40

As a Musician this is a very "Logic" good "Reason" to have A6 in order to have better "Tiny-Pro Tools" in my jacket.
Just Figure what a new Native approach could make for the future MaschineS on the Mobile audio Instruments filling the"Abs" hence the Synth i need,Bridging the Rig,making the Kontakt already started on common Q-Basis on the Halion Cloud ,Amplifyn by the Tube ,all we Amp by the Jack, we Bus by the Kit for a new Rebirth.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.