Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
For some reason my ipod touch (red) if that makes a difference won't charge, yesterdar i got this message from my macbook (usb device was drawing too much power) and since then my ipod wont charge not even on my wall outlet my by apple usb charger any help?:confused:

scarlettsweb13

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2012
The Lightning one? Huh? What happened to "durable"?

Durable and reversible! How convenient! I save so much time now that I don't have to figure out which side to stick the connector. I am shocked to hear about the iPod not charging! This was supposed to be a revolutionary device. "The headphone jack is on the bottom", after all. :) Haha, I'm joking.

OP: In all seriousness, if restoring your iPod does not work; maybe you should just buy another lightning connector?

darkxsky86

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2012
Don't just buy another connector you gotta go complain to Apple why you got a defective cable because you just bought it and it already broke. Plus that cable ain't cheap I'm guessing its around 30 bucks with the way Apple likes to price their accessories.

TurboJobo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
San Diego/Tijuana
Trust me its not users error if the cable will not work unless you press really hard on top end iof the conector or other ipods or pcs dont register either
I took it to apple and they were all surprise they change it for free if not i would of return it and got an nexus 7 ;p

Aspasia

macrumors 65816
Trust me its not users error if the cable will not work unless you press really hard on top end iof the conector or other ipods or pcs dont register either
I took it to apple and they were all surprise they change it for free if not i would of return it and got an nexus 7 ;p

If you had read the warranty info, you would have immediately known Apple would replace it at no charge. They have pretty darn good customer service.

sagna

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2012
Temple run

guys can u help me about the temple run the game, on ipod 5 how can i download that game ? and i founded it on itunes so how do i download it from itunes??:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

cc746

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Waste of money

I as well have the new 5G iPod touch, when I first got it I plugged it into the computer, picked out my playlist synced it & then charged it and everything was fine. My second time going to charge it I plugged it into my old adapter and after about an hour I started smelling burnt rubber, upon attempting to unplug the adapter from the wall it was extremely hot to the touch. I then tried plugging it into my iPad adapter & although it didn't try to melt or set my wall on fire it will not charge. When I plug it into my Macbook I get the same message that it is drawing too much power & my USB is disabled to prevent damage.

I cannot believe for the price of this thing it did not come with an appropriate adapter and it obviously has issues charging normally.:mad:

millsash

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2013
Same as me.

This is exactly the same as me. I have also got the iPod 5g in red and I have just plugged it into charge and it won't. Unfortunately I plugged it in once it had run out of complete charge so I cannot access anything. I have also tried with other adapters, switched off at the mains, switched plug sockets, tried with my computer and it will still not charge - at least I'm not the only one this has happened to. Has yours worked again since and do you have any advice for me?

For some reason my ipod touch (red) if that makes a difference won't charge, yesterdar i got this message from my macbook (usb device was drawing too much power) and since then my ipod wont charge not even on my wall outlet my by apple usb charger any help?:confused:

AbacabMR

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2012
Had the same problem a few days ago... scheduled an appointment at the genius bar and the gave me a new cable... hope my old cable will serve as one of the many (?) examples which may lead to an improved design (if it is indeed in need of improvement).

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
Really simple solution, as stated above, go to the genius bar and get it replaced... end of story. And to the person asking how to get temple run, make an iTunes account then tap "free" then "install"

Niall's Sister

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2014
guys can u help me about the temple run the game, on ipod 5 how can i download that game ? and i founded it on itunes so how do i download it from itunes??:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Perhaps this is the first phone you have ever had. Well first what you do is search App Store or just find the App Store. Then you hit search below and search what you want to download ps you half to have an apple id to download anything at all. Ok so then you will see install you hit that and then it will download fast or slow.Hope this helped good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.