Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
I don't think that Apple's QC is worse or better than Samsung or any of the rest.

These things are mass market goods, contracted and assembled out to the same factories (Foxconn, etc). Apple does not have access to specially trained cheap labor, etc.
They have no advantage here.

So QC is more luck of the draw.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
So I notice two specks of dust in my iPhone 5 camera lens. Got the phone in December and it was made then also. I expected quality control to increase since September but I don't think it has. Two specks of dust in my camera lens is very frustrating considering this phone costs $749. I have tried everything to remove it. Using compressed air doesn't work. Why does Apple allow phones to pass QC with dust in the lens?

Now keep in mind, my camera works fine and the dust hasn't affected pictures yet, but it worries me that the speck of dust can move with use?

The dust is kind of hard to see, but its there. My picture actually makes it look a lot better than it actually is.

Much larger pic...
http://i45.tinypic.com/2nq8yz8.jpg

Omg...this thread makes me lol.

Seriously dude there is no such thing as a perfect product. I have dust in a $2600 DSLR lens and I don't complain about it.

bowlerman625

macrumors 68020
Jun 17, 2009
Chicago, IL area
Take it back. When you spend that kind of money or any kind of money for that fact, you should be fully satisfied with the product. Maybe QC isn't what our expectations are either. All the more reason to expect Apple to resolve this for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.