Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prizm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Its really sad to see the once exciting, forward thinking Apple fall from grace so fast. It's like the company is stuck in a long, deep sleep. Months and months of nothing. One of the longest quiet times in the history of the company. It would appear they have nothing up their sleeves except spec bumps on existing products.

NO software releases in forever.
NO new Apple designed apps in the spirit of Google innovation.
NO anticipated excitement of upcoming products.
NO P.R. push to create excitement.
NO plan to stop the flight of people to different platforms.
NO solid face of the company.
NO faith from investors.
Waning faith from existing customers.

The company feels dead. Lifeless. What do they do with the hundreds of billions at their disposal? Take awesome vacations? Google makes a fraction of Apple's revenue, but soars like comet in the consumer's eye.

Has Apple lost it? Are they really now just another Dell?

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Its really sad to see the once exciting, forward thinking Apple fall from grace so fast. It's like the company is stuck in a long, deep sleep. Months and months of nothing. One of the longest quiet times in the history of the company. It would appear they have nothing up their sleeves except spec bumps on existing products.

NO software releases in forever.
NO new Apple designed apps in the spirit of Google innovation.
NO anticipated excitement of upcoming products.
NO P.R. push to create excitement.
NO plan to stop the flight of people to different platforms.
NO solid face of the company.
NO faith from investors.
Waning faith from existing customers.

The company feels dead. Lifeless. What do they do with the hundreds of billions at their disposal? Take awesome vacations? Google makes a fraction of Apple's revenue, but soars like comet in the consumer's eye.

Has Apple lost it? Are they really now just another Dell?

They released ML just 10 months ago.

I would agree, there is no innovation in the spirit of Google. More like the spirit of Apple.

There is quite a bit of excitement for new products.

Oh yeah. Half the people buying Macs are first time customers. And Windows. Yeah. Just look at this crazy graph here.
Windows_Share.jpg

Did Apple ever have a "solid face?" What is a solid face, anyway.

What faith from investors?

What makes you feel like there is waning faith from customers.

prizm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
They released ML just 10 months ago.

I would agree, there is no innovation in the spirit of Google. More like the spirit of Apple.

There is quite a bit of excitement for new products.

Oh yeah. Half the people buying Macs are first time customers. And Windows. Yeah. Just look at this crazy graph here.
Windows_Share.jpg

Did Apple ever have a "solid face?" What is a solid face, anyway.

What faith from investors?

What makes you feel like there is waning faith from customers.

A software company that releases an incremental update every year is just not gonna keep up with the rest of the world. Granted you can't update OSX every 6 months, but there are lots of neglected pieces of software from Apple.k They just half ass most of their products.

When I say "solid face". meaning the forward face of the company. The person who represents Apple. Tim Cook is a great accountant. But that's it. He's a great accountant.

"Faith from customers" in that people are jumping ship, for options that customers want. Larger screen, etc.

Investors. Check the stock performance. It's dying on the vine.

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
A software company that releases an incremental update every year is just not gonna keep up with the rest of the world. Granted you can't update OSX every 6 months, but there are lots of neglected pieces of software from Apple.k They just half ass most of their products.

When I say "solid face". meaning the forward face of the company. The person who represents Apple. Tim Cook is a great accountant. But that's it. He's a great accountant.

"Faith from customers" in that people are jumping ship, for options that customers want. Larger screen, etc.

What's your source for "people jumping ship"?

latndude

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2012
Fort Myers,FL
Starts to look that way …

I just can' believe the amount of negative publicity Apple is getting , obviously there is a concerted effort to dethroned the company from what it achieved just a few years ago . Between Samsung and Google is a constant pounding and it seems to be effectively changing minds . Apple needs another visionary , and since Jobs is death it might take a while until somebody fits into that place. In the meantime is promises and words and promises … time will tell :confused:

SMDBill

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2013
LOL! Price drops like Apple's are wonderful opportunities to buy. Waiting until a stock hits a record to 'buy in' because you think it will keep skyrocketing...foolish. I look at price drops as the stock going on sale. Buy on sale = profit big when price readjusts. The only time this is a foolish strategy is an overall market decline that you fear may go long term (depression or long recession) where you may need your cash liquidated back out of the market, or when there is no faith in the company's future performance in its market.

Apple is in a lull right now and hasn't put out a spectacular stream of products, but that's not a sign of a weak company whose future potential value suddenly vanished.

I'm ready for some Apple innovation as well, but we can't expect it to be a constant stream or we set ourselves up for disappointment. I'd just love to be a fly on the wall of their R&D building(s)!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.