Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jul 19, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1
RV72
macrumors newbie

Is there an RV Camping Simulator?

i'm thinking about taking a long holiday in an rv and trying full time rv camping, but first i want to check out the lifestyle in detail. i was wondering if there has ever been an rv camping simulator released on any platform.

i read blogs like these that are quite good, though it isn't like trying a simulator:

RV Dreams (www.rv-dreams.com)
Go RVing (www.gorving.com)
greenMinimalism (www.greenminimalism.com)
cheaprvliving (www.cheaprvlivingblog.com)

imagine reading about flying, compared to some of the best flight simulators that there are around today. if there are good flight simulators, there must be some good rv ones that involve getting groceries, finding campsites, etc?
RV72 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2013, 09:40 PM   #2
saturnotaku
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV72 View Post
imagine reading about flying, compared to some of the best flight simulators that there are around today. if there are good flight simulators, there must be some good rv ones that involve getting groceries, finding campsites, etc?
Flying takes an incredible amount of skill and dedication, even when using a simulator. Buying groceries and finding RV camp sites takes a driver's license, a smartphone/Internet connection, and a pulse.
saturnotaku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 04:02 AM   #3
Thraun
macrumors regular

To be honest, I think you're having no luck because no RV camping simulator has ever existed. And I don't think it ever needs to, to be even more honest.
Thraun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 06:08 AM   #4

I saw on Google something called Youda Camper, but am not even sure it is a current or legit development - you may check it out for yourself.
50548 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 08:20 AM   #5
adelewen
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRLawyer View Post
I saw on Google something called Youda Camper, but am not even sure it is a current or legit development - you may check it out for yourself.
I've played some Youda games before and they're simulator games ala Simcity style. You build your own park/camp/city/country/whatever. Doing a quick google search for the game gave me a flash version of the game you can play. I'm not sure that's what you're looking for since you want to go RVing, not make a RV camp. Those blogs are useful, but if you want more of an idea of what things are like, maybe find an RV forum of some sort? Or maybe a documentary or a youtube series or something?
adelewen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 08:48 AM   #6
Kissaragi
macrumors 68020

Just when you think the internet cant get crazier.....
Kissaragi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2013, 08:51 AM   #7
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissaragi View Post
Just when you think the internet cant get crazier.....
The capacity is infinite...
Old Jul 27, 2013, 08:37 PM   #8
Confusius
macrumors regular

One of the levels of Left 4 Dead has a camping site in it. And lots of zombies.
Confusius is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games