Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Guantanamo
macrumors newbie

Macbook Pro Gaming Help!!!!

I'm wondering how to get vertex processes on my Mac because I'm trying to play the game WarZ through bootcamp on my Macbook Pro that i got for Christmas with 8gb of Ram and the upgraded specs
Guantanamo is offline   0
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:46 PM   #2
Guantanamo
macrumors newbie

Anyone have any ideas at all?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 12:36 AM   #3
samuelk0814
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guantanamo View Post
I'm wondering how to get vertex processes on my Mac because I'm trying to play the game WarZ through bootcamp on my Macbook Pro that i got for Christmas with 8gb of Ram and the upgraded specs
You're going to have to be more explicit here.
First, have you been feeling any headaches or loss of memory lately? This is to determine what year the computer was purchased, because the number of Christmas'es you've had will equal the number of years that you have lived on this year.
Second, have you been experiencing Number Syndrome? This might blur your vision and cause you to mistake 256 mb of ram for 8 gb of Ram. It's a common mistake to make.
Third, have you been experiencing bodily aches, or abdominal pains? Sharp jabs in the belly button is a common symptom as well. This is to determine...WHAT ARE THE UPGRADED SPECS?

Answer these questions and you might find some help you've been looking for in Macrumors. As of now, you're providing so little information that you might as well be a troll just looking to suck up the time of knowledge people like yours truly.
samuelk0814 is offline   1
Old Jan 3, 2013, 06:40 AM   #4
MacKid
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelk0814 View Post
First, have you been feeling any headaches or loss of memory lately? This is to determine what year the computer was purchased, because the number of Christmas'es you've had will equal the number of years that you have lived on this year.
Second, have you been experiencing Number Syndrome? This might blur your vision and cause you to mistake 256 mb of ram for 8 gb of Ram. It's a common mistake to make.
Third, have you been experiencing bodily aches, or abdominal pains? Sharp jabs in the belly button is a common symptom as well. This is to determine...WHAT ARE THE UPGRADED SPECS?

Answer these questions and you might find some help you've been looking for in Macrumors. As of now, you're providing so little information that you might as well be a troll just looking to suck up the time of knowledge people like yours truly.
Why so hostile?

@Guantanamo, technical questions as they relate to specific games are more readily solved by troubleshooting the game first, rather than the hardware. Have you tried asking here: http://forums.thewarz.com/forumdispl...-Support-Forum ? I don't know anything about the game, but I'm assuming you're asking about a graphical setting that you're unable to turn on?
MacKid is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:00 AM   #5
SlickShoes
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelk0814 View Post

I think there is only one person trolling here. What's with the 256mb of ram comment? It doesn't even make any sense.

OP, list the actual specs of your computer and we will help you.

FYI The WarZ is badly optimised and runs like crap on my high spec computers, even desktops.
SlickShoes is offline   0
Old Jan 3, 2013, 07:59 AM   #6
Guantanamo
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
I think there is only one person trolling here. What's with the 256mb of ram comment? It doesn't even make any sense.

OP, list the actual specs of your computer and we will help you.

FYI The WarZ is badly optimised and runs like crap on my high spec computers, even desktops.
2.9GHz
2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz) with 4MB L3 cache
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (all 13- and 15-inch configurations)
http://www.apple.com/asia/macbook-pro/specs/
It's the more expensive Macbook pro with upgraded specs
Copy and pasted that straight off apple
Old Jan 3, 2013, 08:05 AM   #7
SlickShoes
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guantanamo View Post
2.9GHz
2.9GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz) with 4MB L3 cache
8GB of 1600MHz DDR3 memory
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (all 13- and 15-inch configurations)
http://www.apple.com/asia/macbook-pro/specs/
It's the more expensive Macbook pro with upgraded specs
Copy and pasted that straight off apple
It has the intel 4000HD, that is the bottleneck, it will run WarZ terribly.

I tried the game it was built on War Inc Battlezone on the computer listed in my signature and it ran like total crap, the game won't ever be optimised to run well on lower spec graphics chips.

All I can suggest to you is to try and run the game on the lowest settings and at low resolution and see if it's at all playable.
SlickShoes is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland