Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
I thought I had a good thing going. I have a IPOD and loved it for years. I have this small inline adapter (Fiio E1) which really brings out the IPOD sound. Then a friend of mine gave me this Sandisk Clip+. WOW! the sound blew my ears off, I ripped my Bose ear buds out and reconnect to my IPOD then back to the Sandisk. Beautiful sound out of such a small device. So I grabbed my Iphone4s, same thing. Grabbed my son's Sony MP3 player. It is truly unbelievable the Sandisk Clip plus was noticeably deep clear bass and crystal highs even insturements I've never noticed in a song. This thing is better then anything I've put in my head. I just had to share with the group.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I like still go with an iPod any day of the week. Have you seen the cheap build quality on the Clip. No thank you. Anyway just my thoughts.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
The Clip/+/Zip line were decent, cheap players back in the day which sounded good, but no better than an iPod.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
U will find Clip + sound like heaven if you are comparing with Ipod.

Ipod these days are more functionality than sound quality. Especially ipod touch series, people used for gaming... music not so much.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
U will find Clip + sound like heaven if you are comparing with Ipod.

Ipod these days are more functionality than sound quality. Especially ipod touch series, people used for gaming... music not so much.

Volume-matched RMAA measurements show no difference between them, basically.

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
I had a Sansa Clip+ and a Sony E-475. The Sansa knocked the socks off the Sony, mostly deeper bass and a richer sound. The only iPod I had to compare with at the time was my son's 4G, and it sounded about the same as the Sansa, and we didn't experience the dramatic difference we had heard with the Sony.
The Sansa players don't last very long, and are unwieldy to navigate, but if you want a $40 device that might last a few months, they're okay. ;)

I use my iPod 5G to connect to my home stereo via Bluetooth, and the Sansa can't do anything like that. Samsung's Galaxy Players were very nice, with a very effective EQ system, as well as most of the features seen on the ipod (minus Bluetooth), but Samsung decided to yank them off the shelves after just a few months..... :confused: They offered 3.6", 4", 4.2", and 5" versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.