[iPad] iPad 4 is greatness! - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:58 PM   #26
ToomeyND
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
I'm with Cockney, that guy had 0 reason to come on this thread and tell everyone they were crazy. You don't think it's an issue, don't post. Others here can see the difference. I literally held up the SAME PAGE on the 4 and the mini. They were different colors. The apple guy saw the same thing. Did I infect his head too? No. No reason for him to act that way. Cockney, you were right to call him out.

Edit: PrayforDeath (great name, smh), do planes not crash because you have never seen one happen yourself?
ToomeyND is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:23 PM   #27
silver8ack
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Congrats man! I just returned a MacBook Air for the ipad 4. The MBA was awesome, but I just don't like bringing it places or on the couch or reading in bed, etc. plus I have my iMac for home use.

I did get an apple keyboard and the incase origami thing. It's an awesome combo. I want a different case or else I was going to get the Logitech slim thing.

Best of luck with it!
silver8ack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:11 AM   #28
Cockney Rebel
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToomeyND View Post
I'm with Cockney, that guy had 0 reason to come on this thread and tell everyone they were crazy. You don't think it's an issue, don't post. Others here can see the difference. I literally held up the SAME PAGE on the 4 and the mini. They were different colors. The apple guy saw the same thing. Did I infect his head too? No. No reason for him to act that way. Cockney, you were right to call him out.

Edit: PrayforDeath (great name, smh), do planes not crash because you have never seen one happen yourself?
Nice one, Toomey

... guess what? I actually got a two day ban for putting him in his place!! HaHa.

Say what you mean, and mean what you say ... that's me.

I am just SICK of the tricky (and unnecessary) comments that I come across on forums ... know what I mean?

Anyway, I'm back now so sweet.

Hope you're well, buddy ...
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:52 PM   #29
ctyrider
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockney Rebel View Post
Nice one, Toomey

... guess what? I actually got a two day ban for putting him in his place!! HaHa.
"Haha" Keep at it, and you will get banned from here permanently. People will disagree with your opinions / observations on the Internet forums, get used to it. You can disagree with people without name calling and getting bent out of shape.
__________________
MacBook Air 2013 i7 1.7GHz 8GB 256GB SSD | 2x 27" Thunderbolt Displays | iPad Air 64GB LTE
ctyrider is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:35 AM   #30
Cockney Rebel
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyrider View Post
"Haha" Keep at it, and you will get banned from here permanently. People will disagree with your opinions / observations on the Internet forums, get used to it. You can disagree with people without name calling and getting bent out of shape.
Oooeeerrr!
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:42 AM   #31
bushido
macrumors 601
 
bushido's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: España y Germany
i still got the iPad 3, was a bit sad but i played around with my cousins new iPad 4 and i didnt really notice that much of a difference, even speedwise. thx god in my case. less to be jealous about
__________________
¡No hables a menos que puedas mejorar el silencio!
bushido is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 07:26 AM   #32
The Game 161
macrumors 68040
 
The Game 161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
can't wait to see the difference from going from the ipad 2 to the 4.
The Game 161 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:43 AM   #33
Cockney Rebel
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game 161 View Post
can't wait to see the difference from going from the ipad 2 to the 4.
Huge difference, mate.

Be warned, though, that I have had to return quite a few because of dust under the screen. This latest replacement (only got it yesterday) is going back because there is a gap at the top (between the bezel and the aluminium) and the Home Button is a bit loose.

If you can, buy one next Friday which is Black Friday and you should get about £30 off the price.

Good luck ...
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 09:52 AM   #34
The Game 161
macrumors 68040
 
The Game 161's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockney Rebel View Post
Huge difference, mate.

Be warned, though, that I have had to return quite a few because of dust under the screen. This latest replacement (only got it yesterday) is going back because there is a gap at the top (between the bezel and the aluminium) and the Home Button is a bit loose.

If you can, buy one next Friday which is Black Friday and you should get about £30 off the price.

Good luck ...
Cheers

Is that in store or online? or both?

cheers I'm planning on getting the 32GB model so getting money off would be a good idea.
The Game 161 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:11 PM   #35
Cockney Rebel
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game 161 View Post
Cheers

Is that in store or online? or both?

cheers I'm planning on getting the 32GB model so getting money off would be a good idea.
Should be both, buddy.

I called Covent Garden this morning & the fella said it would be both but don't quote me!

A nice 30 quid or so off would be nice ... also discounts on accessories so all in all you could end up getting a Smart Cover or Smart Case for free?

Apple charges insane money for their gear so it's nice to get something back
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:16 PM   #36
i4t4fun
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockney Rebel View Post
Huge difference, mate.

Be warned, though, that I have had to return quite a few because of dust under the screen. This latest replacement (only got it yesterday) is going back because there is a gap at the top (between the bezel and the aluminium) and the Home Button is a bit loose.

If you can, buy one next Friday which is Black Friday and you should get about £30 off the price.

Good luck ...
Hey Cockney,
did you finally get one w/ no dust under the screen? and did you experience any backlight bleeding?
i4t4fun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 02:49 PM   #37
Cockney Rebel
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4t4fun View Post
Hey Cockney,
did you finally get one w/ no dust under the screen? and did you experience any backlight bleeding?
I took it back yesterday and got another one ... but this one has a gap at the top of the bezel (where it meets the aluminium) and a loose Home Button!

It goes without saying that I'm taking it back next week.

Couldn't be bothered to do it today as no doubt there will be an issue with the next one as well (Apple's QC has become a joke) so I'm not going to put myself out ...

Thanks for asking, mate

Re bleeding ... I've found that all the white models have bleeding. I've not bought black this time round (4th gen) so can't comment on the black models.

I just want a "good one" so that I can just get on and enjoy it
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:18 PM   #38
i4t4fun
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockney Rebel View Post
I took it back yesterday and got another one ... but this one has a gap at the top of the bezel (where it meets the aluminium) and a loose Home Button!

It goes without saying that I'm taking it back next week.

Couldn't be bothered to do it today as no doubt there will be an issue with the next one as well (Apple's QC has become a joke) so I'm not going to put myself out ...

Thanks for asking, mate

Re bleeding ... I've found that all the white models have bleeding. I've not bought black this time round (4th gen) so can't comment on the black models.

I just want a "good one" so that I can just get on and enjoy it
Um yeah I've got the 32gb white version as well. Have you experienced a brightness "pumping" effect, as described in the other thread, while watching a movie with lots of dark and black backgrounds?
i4t4fun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:23 PM   #39
wrkactjob
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by brig2221 View Post
My wife, who criticized me something terrible for spending $700 on something she didn't think we needed...
Oh lets form a club!....your not alone there friend!
wrkactjob is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:31 PM   #40
Cockney Rebel
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4t4fun View Post
Um yeah I've got the 32gb white version as well. Have you experienced a brightness "pumping" effect, as described in the other thread, while watching a movie with lots of dark and black backgrounds?
I don't know about any brightness "pumping", mate?

I now that the brightness setting got all screwed up with iOS 6 ... across all devices.

I think 6.01 sorted it out a bit, though?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkactjob View Post
Oh lets form a club!....your not alone there friend!
To be truthful, I actually thought I didn't "need" an iPad, but I just WANTED an iPad

However, I am now addicted ... maybe another idea for a club would be "iPad anonymous"??

"Hello, I'm the Cockney Rebel, and I'm an iPad addict ... ".

... "we'll done, Cockney ... thanks for sharing!" - [applause!]
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:32 PM   #41
i4t4fun
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockney Rebel View Post
I don't know about any brightness "pumping", mate?

I now that the brightness setting got all screwed up with iOS 6 ... across all devices.

I think 6.01 sorted it out a bit, though?

----------



To be truthful, I actually thought I didn't "need" an iPad, but I just WANTED an iPad

However, I am now addicted ... maybe another idea for a club would be "iPad anonymous"??

"Hello, I'm the Cockney Rebel, and I'm an iPad addict ... ".

... "we'll done, Cockney ... thanks for sharing!" - [applause!]
LOL sorry about the confusion. Have a quick look at this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1484132.
i4t4fun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:40 PM   #42
D.T.
macrumors 68020
 
D.T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Vilano Beach, FL
Absolutely still loving mine. It's everything my 3rd gen was, but better
D.T. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:41 PM   #43
Cockney Rebel
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4t4fun View Post
LOL sorry about the confusion. Have a quick look at this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1484132.
Aah yeh, I noticed this the other night!

I was switching between mixing in the Djay app and browsing in Safari and I noticed that the screen would look really washed out!

I think that this is probably another iOS 6 bug, though?
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 03:51 PM   #44
i4t4fun
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockney Rebel View Post
Aah yeh, I noticed this the other night!

I was switching between mixing in the Djay app and browsing in Safari and I noticed that the screen would look really washed out!

I think that this is probably another iOS 6 bug, though?
I'm not sure, some people are saying it is and some are saying its not. Sorry but I have one more question, when you say you experienced backlight bleeding on all your units, did you increase the brightness to 100% and viewed the ipad in a completely black image in a dark room? Also, did apple base your return day on your exchanged product or your original purchase? Argh, sorry for all the questions man, when I purchased my ipad I was expecting to have a perfect device for what I was paying , not this BS!
i4t4fun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 04:17 PM   #45
dazz87
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
First Ipad too, and loving it so far. Blows away my TF running jeanbelly......Everything is so much polish vs android. There are things I do miss about android, but surfing the net, and battery life is my two main concern. I cant believe how long the battery last on the new ipad, and the standby time is amazing.
dazz87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 05:20 PM   #46
Cockney Rebel
Guest
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by i4t4fun View Post
I'm not sure, some people are saying it is and some are saying its not. Sorry but I have one more question, when you say you experienced backlight bleeding on all your units, did you increase the brightness to 100% and viewed the ipad in a completely black image in a dark room? Also, did apple base your return day on your exchanged product or your original purchase? Argh, sorry for all the questions man, when I purchased my ipad I was expecting to have a perfect device for what I was paying , not this BS!
I ALWAYS use a completely black environment ... I also do this when THOROUGHLY checking for dead pixels, by increasing brightness to 100% and searching for "dead pixel test" on YouTube (use an app called Jasmine which is the best iPad YouTube app) ... you want the first video listed - lock your screen's rotation, double tap the video to make it full screen, then pause on each colour (ESPECIALLY black & white) and FULLY scan every inch of your screen. Even rotate the screen to really expose any dead pixels, should there be any.

Some people may think that this is overkill but I'd rather thoroughly check when I first buy it, then happen across a dead pixel at a later stage and be stuck with it ...

As for dates of exchanges: I make sure I am in complete control ... when I return something to Apple, I get a full refund then buy again. That way, I ALWAYS have a complete 14 days and I can simply "give up" and get my money back at any time if I simply cannot find a perfect unit.

It's so sad that I/we have to go through all of this rubbish when buying a premium product but the sad fact is that this is the way it is with Apple ...

Last edited by Cockney Rebel; Nov 17, 2012 at 05:26 PM.
Cockney Rebel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple Launching Updated iPad Air in 2014, No 12.9-Inch iPad or New iPad Mini Until 2015 MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 208 May 21, 2014 03:16 PM
Black Friday 2013: Best Deals on the iPad, iPad Air, and iPad mini MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 90 Jan 6, 2014 08:45 AM
Apple Drops Refurbished iPad Prices, iPad Mini Now Available for $249, iPad 4 for $379 MacRumors iOS Blog Discussion 16 Oct 23, 2013 09:53 AM
iPad Mini: iPad 5 And Retina iPad Mini Will Be Announced October 22. 13" iPad Maxi In The Works. vmaniqui iPad 1 Oct 9, 2013 03:51 PM
Trouble deciding: iPad mini vs iPad 2 vs Retina iPad? Do NOT get an iPad 2. ThatsMeRight iPad 27 Oct 28, 2012 02:26 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC