Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AriGold

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Picked my ipad 2 up earlier and found a crack in the screen, No idea how it happened and it was in its case, folded up.

69e5qt.jpg

Had it since 2011 so out of warranty.

Has anyone had theirs replaced and if so, how much did it cost?

:(

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
WHat does that matter? A warranty wouldn't caver that.

Seriously? Why even post if you're going to reply with useless trash like this? At least answer the OP's question.

@OP: it'll cost you around $150, possibly more or less. :(

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Seriously? Why even post if you're going to reply with useless trash like this?

Yes, seriously. I bothered posting because the OP made it sound like he thought that the cracked screen would be covered by the warranty if the iPad was still within the warranty period. My post was just as relevant as yours. The only difference is that I didn't act like an ass.

AriGold

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Seriously? Why even post if you're going to reply with useless trash like this? At least answer the OP's question.

@OP: it'll cost you around $150, possibly more or less. :(

$249 for a out of warranty replacement from Apple.

Thank you both. I will look into getting a replacement screen then. Do the usual places in the mall do this? I.e the little stalls who do screen protected fittings etc.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
Thank you both. I will look into getting a replacement screen then. Do the usual places in the mall do this? I.e the little stalls who do screen protected fittings etc.

Oops, forgot to mention the estimate I have you was for a 3rd party repair shop. As far as I know my local mall does not offer services on iPad repair, you may have better luck where you are. :)

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Be warned that usually third party repair shops usually use lower quality parts than genuine Apple parts. Just because it is cheaper does not always mean better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.