Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
How easy is nPlayer to setup? Looking at the site it is in Korean I think, and I do not see any directions on how to set it up on your iOS device in English.

It's very easy as the app itself is in English and I've also elaborated on its UPnP support in my UPnP bible. However, it's not available right now - see my just-posted article at https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=17129358 for more info.

AnotherScott

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2006
Bummer. Does any iPad app let you rate songs you're playing from a DLNA/UPnP device? (Whether from app store or cydia?)

amatesi

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2014
Not sure what's wrong with a "bump", though I wanted to share I ended up getting nplayer because it supports (among dlna), WEBDAV & SMB.

If you are a Windows Server Essentials shop, with nplayer you get native (SMB) and remote (WebDAV) access to your home folders (provided you know how to setup those, which is pretty easy w/WSE, that is!).

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2009
Hi guys, nPlayer sounds good but for me it's too feature-rich. I only need a reliable photo viewer app that can connect to my DLNA-enabled NAS. Any recommendations?

Apple99

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2014
does nplayer stream in the background? or just shut off when you leave the app?

When I'm playing music in nPlayer or downloading stuff on it, it just continues when I leave the app. But if you mean the videos, I'm not sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.