Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:03 PM   #1
bludragon06
macrumors regular

Windows-like filing system for photos instead of iPhoto???

I have been MAC all the way! The only thing I hate about MAC is the way photos are stored! I like the idea behind the windows where I can just dump certain photos into a certain folder and then I can see a preview of what's in the folder! Ever since I switched to Mac it seems its been a real hassle with only my photos! Any help would be great! If this has been posted previously please forgive me!
bludragon06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 03:07 PM   #2
BaldiMac
macrumors 604

Unless I'm missing something obvious, why wouldn't you just use the Finder?
BaldiMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:54 PM   #3
kirky29
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to kirky29 Send a message via Skype™ to kirky29
What about something like Picasa for Mac?
kirky29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:11 PM   #4
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludragon06 View Post
I have been MAC all the way! The only thing I hate about MAC is the way photos are stored! I like the idea behind the windows where I can just dump certain photos into a certain folder and then I can see a preview of what's in the folder! Ever since I switched to Mac it seems its been a real hassle with only my photos! Any help would be great! If this has been posted previously please forgive me!
Of course, you always have that option by using finder. However... using a Digital Asset Manager (DAM) is infinitely better than using a file system.

iPhoto is a fairly wimpy DAM... but it is not too bad given that it is included free with the OS. Moving up to Lightroom or Aperture is a major step forward if you want to investigate using a DAM more effectively.

Using a file system is a way to "store" photos. Using a DAM is a way to "use" photos. The difference between the two is stunning.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:07 PM   #5
phoenixsan
macrumors 65816

Comes to my mind.....

a piece of software called iView Media or iView Media Pro. Very Windows-like and if my memory works, very capable for your needs, IMHO

Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:20 PM   #6
SamGabbay
macrumors 6502

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPVcO4z-kVw
SamGabbay is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store