Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

First announced last month, Rovio's social Facebook game Angry Birds Friends was released for the iPad and the iPhone this morning. The game merges classic Angry Birds gameplay with Facebook-integrated social features such as weekly tournaments and score sharing.

angrybirdsfriends.jpg
- Tournaments with new levels every week!
- Challenge your Facebook friends for bronze, silver, and gold trophies!
- Brag, send gifts, and invite your Facebook friends to play!
- Four classic power-ups, plus one exclusive to Angry Birds Friends on mobile!
- Daily rewards!
- Free bird-coins just for completing the tutorial!
- Syncs automatically with your game on Facebook!
Angry Birds Friends is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Social Rovio Title 'Angry Birds Friends' Hits the App Store

lolkthxbai

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2011
Here I am sitting at my desk, bored of my iPhone when it hit me... I need a new Angry Birds app! Yay! Beat that dead horse!

trainwrecka

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2007
Earth
7 games total (+ free versions, + HD versions, + free HD versions, + other platforms). That's a lot of Angry Birds. 12 million+ downloads on the App Store and 1.7 billion+ downloads across all platforms.

Yup, I'd make another one too.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
It's quite sad really. They havent been able to create another success and likely never will, so keep hitting that dead donkeys ass (no pun intended).

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
The one version I plan to pass on. I don't like power ups and prefer to have to not use them, as this version requires that you do.

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Thanks to Facebook, this Angry Birds fan finally gets the chance to go 'cold turkey' and not buy a version of the game! Yay! I'm finally free! :D

But good luck to you if it's your thing.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
another pass from my side; no need to get a FB involved and document in your lifeline how many green pigs your hit :eek:

(I still like to play the AB StarWars Edition)

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I heard Bad Piggies was neat but haven't picked it up yet.

It's OK, it's fun for a bit but it is way too ambiguous for me. In Angry Birds, yeah the way the blocks fall sometimes determines the outcome. But in Bad Pigs it's more you, the way you've designed the cart, and the levels. You end up having to play levels hundreds of times to get the outcome you want, without having to change your cart design at all. Because you have to activate or deactivate components at different times.

Game would have been more fun it things were more straight forward. I think I finished all the level, but have no desire to go back and even check.

BTW, Angry Birds Star Wars is by far my favorite of the series. I've played every edition, with three stars on every level. Angry Birds Star Wars is just the most entertaining because they added a few new things that makes it more intriguing. Really didn't like AB Space, felt like you were always looking for the perfect pixel to aim at.

iPadPublisher

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2010
Facebook = blah.

I'm one of the 22 guys who doesn't have a Facebook profile. So I'm left out in the cold on this one. Bummer...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm with the poster who said there is no need to advertise the game stats on facebook so this is a pass for me. I rarely play the games anymore for that matter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.