Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old May 14, 2013, 03:21 AM   #101
Andeavor
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws1 View Post
Soooo......for atheists to be militant it's ok.

I didn't say it was ok, I only explained where they came from. I have about as much patience with a militant atheist as I have with a fundamentalist believer.

Moderation and respect are the key.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhmedFaisal View Post
I don't see the issue so long as a bias is recognized as such. I am very much pro-gay rights but can handle the very extreme fringe such as drag queens and extremely effeminate gay guys only in very homeopathic doses. But then again I don't think that has necessarily anything to do with them being gay but rather being too shrill for my senses, they could be bi or hetero for all I know. Same applies otherwise. I would cross the street if a group of kids dressed like gang thugs comes my way, irrespective of what color skin they have.

As for two guys getting married, or heteros for that matter doing the same, purely from a tax perspective that would be really, really dumb....
You're not the only one. Even the average gay men and women sometimes can't deal with those individuals. Its not their characters per se but the fact they are the first people we think of when dealing with any LGBT issue.

It's not that far off from thinking all women are needy, emotional feminists or that all men are rude macho pigs. The problem is, the majority of LGBT have no other leg to stand on to separate themselves because they are just like the rest of the men- and womenfolk. Hence we go for the colorful members of that group.
Andeavor is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues