Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whiteboxamir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
If I don't have my apple earphones plugged in, the internal mic works fine. When I plug them in, however, it switches to external mic and the mic isn't working. Anyway to disable external mic and just use the earphones for output only? It's either a hardware issue with the macbook air (2012, lion), or the earphones mic is not working.

I also still have the hardware issue with the camera and will be fixing/replacing the mac in a few days.

whiteboxamir

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2013
No replies?

Just got my MBA back from the service center and the video is now working.

But this external-internal mic issue is still present.

So the internal mic works but when I plug-in my apply headphones, it switches to external mic and is mute. So these headphones don't have external mic so obviously that won't work, but the internal mic has been disabled while the headphones are plugged in, so...what the heck do I do?

Is there a solution here or do I have to send my MBA back to the service center again? :confused:

Violet1337

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2013
Just got my MBA back from the service center and the video is now working.

But this external-internal mic issue is still present.

So the internal mic works but when I plug-in my apply headphones, it switches to external mic and is mute. So these headphones don't have external mic so obviously that won't work, but the internal mic has been disabled while the headphones are plugged in, so...what the heck do I do?

Is there a solution here or do I have to send my MBA back to the service center again? :confused:

Congratulations on fixing the video issue!

Perhaps purchase a new set of Apple earphones with the external microphone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.