Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marianoAR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2013
Hi;

I can see this has been asked several times, and I did do fair search on google and forums, but I am not finding my specific case scenario.

As many iPod owners, I got myself a new computer, and of course, wanted to download my iPod songs to it (which I did in a brute force way, i.e: copied all the mp3 files from the iPod hidden folder to the comp). Now, those mp3's were added to my iTunes, which is set to sort the files into the iTunes folder with name and etc.

But of course, if I still want the iPod to automatically sync the songs, it will deleted all the songs from the device, and then re-write them all over again. I wouldn't mind if it was a couple of Gigabytes, but I do have a lot of music, and I don't want to go through such process just to get the same music all over again!

So, my question is; is there a way to copy any iTunes library or file from the iPod, that tricks my new computer iTunes to beleive the iPod has always been there? thus not wanting to delete and re write the already existing data.

Thanks in advance!
iPod classic, Windows 8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.