Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SWPROX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Vancouver,Canada
I have a mid 2012 MBA 13",and I just updated it to 2.0 update yesterday,the problem is now eveytime I reboot,the sleep image comes back :confused:,I had originally deleted that 8GB file,and set the mode to 0,now even though I have set it to 0,I delete the file and it comes back again,I have searched and found a few people experiencing the same issue-any clue guys ?

mag01

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
Last edited:

garbor

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
Hey ! I am the author of the discussions on Apple website. I don't know why there is a mess with the update 2.0 and the sleepimage but I'm glad to see that my post is useful :D

mag01

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2011
garbor: just one minor glitch in your last command, it should be:
Code:
chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage

SWPROX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2012
Vancouver,Canada
Code:

Hey ! I am the author of the discussions on Apple website. I don't know why there is a mess with the update 2.0 and the sleepimage but I'm glad to see that my post is useful :D

Hey Guys Thanks a LOT !! But just one thing,when I wrote the command chflags uchg/..... it gave me an error-permission denied,then I wrote sudo before chflags and it worked :D,thanks :)

garbor

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2012
Code:

Actually I did this in root user so I didn't need to add sudo before my commands and take off the '-' of course (bad habit with Linux ^^). But yes don't forget to add sudo before typing your commands if you don't have rights :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.