Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackgbanks

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Hi all,

I've got a little problem with my iPhone 5 and wondered if you lovely chaps and chapesses could shed any light on it.

Basically, whenever I got out of range of signal or I go inside and lose it, it takes a long time to regain this signal when I go outside. I realise that sounds confusing, but what I have to do if I want to regain the signal quickly is turn Airplane Mode on and then off again. This way my signal comes back instantly, whereas otherwise it can take 5-10 minutes.

I've got an iPhone 5 16gb on Orange UK.

I was wondering if any of you have had this problem or if you've heard of similar issues.

Thanks guys.

frankdg

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
Hi all,

I've got a little problem with my iPhone 5 and wondered if you lovely chaps and chapesses could shed any light on it.

Basically, whenever I got out of range of signal or I go inside and lose it, it takes a long time to regain this signal when I go outside. I realise that sounds confusing, but what I have to do if I want to regain the signal quickly is turn Airplane Mode on and then off again. This way my signal comes back instantly, whereas otherwise it can take 5-10 minutes.

I've got an iPhone 5 16gb on Orange UK.

I was wondering if any of you have had this problem or if you've heard of similar issues.

Thanks guys.

I'm having similar issues with my white iPhone 5 64 GB (with new nanosim) on the Proximus network in Belgium.

I seem to have issues mostly when I drive my car, thus going from celltower to celltower. I often cannot call or be called. I previously owned a 3GS(regular sim) without problems in the same area and with the same provider.

I'm contacting my provider today and will keep you posted if I have news of interest to you.

Popsie

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
Ghent, Belgium
I'm having similar issues with my white iPhone 5 64 GB (with new nanosim) on the Proximus network in Belgium.

I seem to have issues mostly when I drive my car, thus going from celltower to celltower. I often cannot call or be called. I previously owned a 3GS(regular sim) without problems in the same area and with the same provider.

I'm contacting my provider today and will keep you posted if I have news of interest to you.

Got the same problem (Belgium/Proximus too).
In the car and when i restart the phone it takes long (30 sec) that the phone is showing "no service" before the provider comes up.

Keep us posted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.