Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kattym

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2013
:D I like the statement that he will be immortalized )) Anime is the best way to do it! )))

Scooz

Suspended
Apr 9, 2012
That guy...

The only think she got right are the fact that SJ was mostly bald and was wearing glasses.

Looks like an eastern european "fighting" philosopher/writer stereotype.

or

just a minor billionaire mix-up...

Chodorkowski_fitwidth_420.jpg

Last edited:

ConCat

macrumors 6502a
I take it most of the critics on here don't read manga. The drawing style isn't generally supposed to be photo-realistic. I recognized it as Steve immediately, but I sorta have a mental filter for manga-style images.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
Jobs was a lot more sturdy several years ago before he got ill. He wasn't always scrawny.

Even so, that neck is bodybuilder style.

here is the average proportions for a male neck
head_neck_1.jpg

Trust me, I do life drawing 4 days a week.

----------

Looks like an eastern european "fighting" philosopher/writer stereotype.

or

just a minor billionaire mix-up...

wow nice find.

----------

:D I like the statement that he will be immortalized )) Anime is the best way to do it! )))

among the teenagers probably

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Even so, that neck is bodybuilder style.

here is the average proportions for a male neck

Trust me, I do life drawing 4 days a week.

The face on that is far too small - clearly completely unrealistic :)

Oh come on; you know drawing, especially stylised drawing, is the artist's choice of symbols and signifiers arranged so as to evoke (perhaps unconsciously) a response or tell a story or represent something. In your case, the aims of life drawing are rather different to the aims of a comic-book / graphic novel artist.

What does the bull-neck signify? My guess is that she intends it to evoke Job's famously stubborn nature. I could be wrong. But she clearly hasn't made the neck so thick by pure accident.

turtlez

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2012
The face on that is far too small - clearly completely unrealistic :)

Oh come on; you know drawing, especially stylised drawing, is the artist's choice of symbols and signifiers arranged so as to evoke (perhaps unconsciously) a response or tell a story or represent something. In your case, the aims of life drawing are rather different to the aims of a comic-book / graphic novel artist.

What does the bull-neck signify? My guess is that she intends it to evoke Job's famously stubborn nature. I could be wrong. But she clearly hasn't made the neck so thick by pure accident.

we'll soon see ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.