Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
I would be ok if apple made a budget iPhone and a higher end one if they would not keep the iPhone 4 or 4s around. And what ever replaces the 5 then discontinue the 5 because they have the budget iPhone to fill the. Mabey make the budget iPhone $100 and the high end one $199. Just my thoughts

Tunster

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2009
Has MacRumors gone to sleep?

New pictures as per this report...

Linky

bpsfmjbceaar03djpg-large.jpg

Dirtfarmer

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2012
The phone will be plastic but it won't be cheap. It will carry iOS, apple warranty, and the styling is spot on. Apple has made plastic and cheap. MacBooks, Mac mini, iPad mini, and the colored iMACs were $799. There is a difference between cheaply made and a good product made to be cheaper. It will be like a BMW 3 series compared to a BMW 5 series. Or the Macbook retina compared to the MBA.
Mac mini and the BMW 3-series are perfect examples.

These are overpriced, underperforming, fall-apart, disposable products that are made by accountants to milk brand equity in favour of the balance sheet.

I say again: short AAPL before this trinket hits the market. Anyone think that Steve would have wanted to compete with $0 downmarket low-rent Android pay-as-you-go handsets? NFW.

Dirtfarmer

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2012
feces

Ipad mini has sold like crazy and it was cheap. I would like to know what market research you are referring to?

Of course it sold well. So would Apple-branded Vodka, Apple-branded thumb drives, or Apple-branded sex toys.

But Steve would have eaten his own feces before selling a cheap, low-resolution, low-spec, also-ran product like the iPad Mini.

Don't gut the brand to make the investors happy. Look what happened to PALM.

Goratrix

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2011
I'm looking forward to this, but what's with those colours??? They look like pre-school children's toys. I'm getting the feeling Apple doesn't want to use the vibrant yellow or orange or green to avoid clashing with Nokia, but this really looks like ****.

blitzer09x87

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2013
in this time, when other smartphone vendors are moving towards aluminum phones, i dont think moving back to plastic is a good idea. but it may prove a good option for the mid-range seekers, guys who always wanted an iphone but never had the resources to buy it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.