Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Hello,
I have an iPhone 5 w AT&T.

I have had some reception issues. I wondered about updating my firmware, in regards to a possible jb.

Should I stay on 6.0? Can I downgrade if I save my shsh blobs? Looking for advice?

drakestan

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2012
Hello,
I have an iPhone 5 w AT&T.

I have had some reception issues. I wondered about updating my firmware, in regards to a possible jb.

Should I stay on 6.0? Can I downgrade if I save my shsh blobs? Looking for advice?

How you gonna save your shsh blobs with no JB? Just stay on 6.0

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Can't you use tiny umbrella to get shsh blobs.

I am wondering if apple comes with an update to fix reception issue I want to be able to go back to 6.0 if a jb is released

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
What reception issue are you referring to and how did you determine that it was a software problem with iOS?

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
I was in a car and my brother had service and I didn't. He was talking on an iPhone 4.

And my iphone will go back and forth between 4g and edge. There are other people experiencing issues with reception. I think it has todo with lte. I turned lte off in settings and reception is better but i shouldn't have todo that.

If apple puts out an update to fix this issue I want to be able to update without losing my jb if one is released for the iPhone 5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.