Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
Authentic is always better.

Sometimes the authentic ones are beyond affordability, so repros are okay for some.

btw - weren't these stickers only available when you bought a Mac?

That's where my stack came from (was an Apple admin back in the day - wish I hadn't thrown out all those manuals...)

:)

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
You don't get what I'm saying. I perfectly understand wanting to collect the authentic version of whatever you wish to collect. But no one, for one, collects the Mona Lisa and it definitely can not be compared to a sticker... authentic or not.

And you don't get what I'm saying. Its not about comparing Mona Lisa and a sticker. It never was. Its about a fake Mona Lisa and real Mona Lisa or a fake sticker and a real sticker...and that's really final for me. Over and out :cool:

turbocrow

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2012
I was handed those stickers while in America from an original box ! good thing I kept hold of them !

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
What is the value of this set of Apple rainbow logo stickers?

A few bucks worth. They are not that hard to find on eBay etc. I had them when I bought my old Performas and PowerBook G3.

However, the ones that are really "rare" are the vintage Apple logo stickers that are made to attach to the INSIDE window of your car. You stick them onto the inside window, and they are 'correctly aligned' when you look at the logo from the outside. The LATER Apple logo stickers are actually meant for you to slap them on the OUTSIDE window of your car, where they can easily be washed or peeled off when you go to the carwash etc.

JoeFkling

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2013
Collectors are a funny bunch. young collectors are an even funnier bunch. I collect things that have meaning to me. As far as value? Mainly something to give the insurance company.

Now on stickers, a few bucks maybe, but if your willing to pay $25 they are worth $25, if you are not willing to pay that then they have no value to you, financially speaking.

if you buy things only interesting in their retail value, then you are not a collector, you are an investor and thats a whole other set of principals.

Fralle

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2012
South part of North
Collectors are a funny bunch. young collectors are an even funnier bunch. I collect things that have meaning to me. As far as value? Mainly something to give the insurance company.

Now on stickers, a few bucks maybe, but if your willing to pay $25 they are worth $25, if you are not willing to pay that then they have no value to you, financially speaking.

if you buy things only interesting in their retail value, then you are not a collector, you are an investor and thats a whole other set of principals.

Well spoken! When people see my collection they always want to know the monetary value. :rolleyes:

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
Well spoken! When people see my collection they always want to know the monetary value. :rolleyes:
Yup, and it's a question I can't ever answer with a factual number.

"Well, you only paid $5 for it!"

So? What about that one Apple II motherboard that I have, that I got handed to me for free, that there is only one of. It cost me $0, it's certainly got value more than $0.

But the person that gave it to me knew it was going someplace that it would be appreciated, and visible for the future. That is more than the insurance company value. Sure, they may give you a sum if you make a claim, but the real value can never be replaced.

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
It is really what the MARKET will pay not what A PERSON is willing to pay.

If one person thinks an Apple II is worth $0, it doesn't make it worth that.

Yet, the same Apple II is not worth $2,000 if a person pays for that just to complete a collection.

If most are will to pay $1,000, then that's the worth...

Unique items, such as a piece of art, the worth is determined at auction plus maybe a board of experts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.