Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
I have two things that I do not like.

1. Every time I open up Chrome on my MBP or iMac, I am getting a puff of smoke on my bookmarks toolbar. I tried installing the beta version of Chrome, but I am still getting the smoke. Here is a video of the issue:

http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/the316/media/Smoke_zps38227744.mp4.html

What is weird is it only does it with the Youtube bookmark. Once I remove it from the bar, it doesnt do it, but when I add it again, it does it.

2. Sometimes when I transfer stuff from my iMac HD to an external HD, it completes, but the folder in the external HD shows that the status bar in it at half full, and it has the little X, with a circle around it, in the corner of the folder. If I double click the folder, the item is in it though.

ScreenShot2013-09-01at103446PM_zpse7c5b4d5.png

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
First if you are having problems with Chrome, then downgrade from the beta to the current stable release.

Second: have you repaired disk permissions, restarted, and cleaned your caches?

Cheers

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
First if you are having problems with Chrome, then downgrade from the beta to the current stable release.

Second: have you repaired disk permissions, restarted, and cleaned your caches?

Cheers

Clean my caches, as far as everything? In the library, and web browsers?

I'd recommend using the latest stable release, rather than using the beta.

What I did was I removed youtube from the toolbar, closed and reopened Chrome, added it to the toolbar, and it now seems to be working fine. Oh, and before all that, I removed the bookmark file in Chrome, via the application support folder.

MacForScience

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
USA
As far as your user library cache folder contents. You can end up with odd issues when you have bloated cache files.

Cheers

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
That second issue I have all the time. Waiting until the Finder's done with all jobs then Force Quitting it clears it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.