Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
So there's this grey dot on my screen. As far as I can tell it's the size of a pixel, but, it's not a dead pixel (it's definitely not black). I think it's not a dust particle as you can't see it when the screen is off, it doesn't seem to float above the screen and when you rotate the screen it kinda dissapears. It's also definitely not a stuck pixel cause when I turn the screen black it turns black with it.

My guess would be that the pixel fails to give as much power as the other ones?
This is just a shot in the dark, I really don't know what it could be. Does anyone have an idea what it could be. If you do, is there a cure for it? Can it be fixed without taking it apart, like with stuck pixels which you sometimes get to back to normal again by for example applying pressure on the screen or playing one of those video's where the colors rapidly change?

I kinda don't want to return my iPad for the 5th time so if there was a fix that would be awesome.

Anyway, serious answers would be appreciated.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
I'd start with the video since you aren't doing anything physical with it. If that doesn't work, you may take it to an Apple Store and just ask to see what they think it could be.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
I'd start with the video since you aren't doing anything physical with it. If that doesn't work, you may take it to an Apple Store and just ask to see what they think it could be.

I've tried the video for 3 hours without avail. :( Also the closest Apple store is 300km away D:. The store where I bhought it can give me no indication whatsoever about whether they will swap it for me or not and I don't really like having to do it without my iPad for over a week when there's a chance I will get the exact same one back.

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Here's a pic btw.

To me it's a little bit more apparent in real life than in the pic.

Attachments

• dot.jpg
    dot.jpg
    806.6 KB · Views: 165

fenjen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
That looks more like a dust particle to me. I had a few of those when the ipad 3 came out.

Yeah but as you might be able to see, it's almost the exact size of a pixel. And I've had iPads with dust particles but those could be seen when the screen were off with a flashlight and also appeared to be floating on the screen rather than being a part of it. So I'm not sure yet..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.