[iPad Mini] Only two at a time... - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:17 PM   #1
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Only two at a time...

I went to order three minis for Christmas and saw that apple is still limiting us to two. Is that at a time/per order? Per apple ID? Per credit card, per address? I want them all registered to me. If I do one order if two and then another with one will one of them be cancelled? Or if I order two and find one in store and use my apple ID... Will they cancel one of the ones I order online?
tl01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Dlanod
macrumors 6502a

No idea what the situation is. I have managed to order 4. Bought wifi and the decided to go cellular.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:35 PM   #3
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanod View Post
No idea what the situation is. I have managed to order 4. Bought wifi and the decided to go cellular.
Did you log in with your apple ID for both and use the same credit card?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:41 PM   #4
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

What did Apple say when you called them?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:51 PM   #5
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post
What did Apple say when you called them?
Haven't had time to call them.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:12 PM   #6
iphone1105
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
Haven't had time to call them.
but time to post? just sayin'
iphone1105 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Dlanod
macrumors 6502a

All have been registered to my Apple ID. Probably not bought with the same credit card though.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:13 PM   #8
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphone1105 View Post
Is that surprising? Haven't you ever been somewhere you can't call from but you could use the Internet?? Like perhaps work?? Or do you not have a job yet? Seriously some of the people on this board can be so dang intrusive. If you can't answer a question then just pass. Now move along.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlanod View Post
All have been registered to my Apple ID. Probably not bought with the same credit card though.
Thanks for answering!
tl01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:39 AM   #9
iphone1105
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Is that surprising? Haven't you ever been somewhere you can't call from but you could use the Internet?? Like perhaps work?? Or do you not have a job yet? Seriously some of the people on this board can be so dang intrusive. If you can't answer a question then just pass. Now move along.

----------

Thanks for answering!
Yes it is, because taking 2 min to make a call, vs 2 min to type on a forum where you might not even get an answer seems silly. I honestly have never had a problem with not being able to not make a call anywhere with or with out internet. Theres always skype to make a call, and it's pretty much free....still very easy!
iphone1105 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:26 PM   #10
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Yes it is, because taking 2 min to make a call, vs 2 min to type on a forum where you might not even get an answer seems silly. I honestly have never had a problem with not being able to not make a call anywhere with or with out internet. Theres always skype to make a call, and it's pretty much free....still very easy!
Well thanks for sharing your story. Despite the fact that you could have called... That doesn't mean everyone could have. It never takes 2 minutes on hold anyway. I figured someone would know... And calling customer service often yields a different answer from each rep. It wasn't a cost factor.

It's this sort of mentality that drives me nuts on this board. Just bc something is one way for you.. Doesn't mean it is the same way for someone else. When I'm watching my kids...something always happens the moment the rep picks up the phone... And I end up not completing the call. Case in point... Last week while trying to schedule the home warranty company to come out.. My oldest kicked his leg up bc he was happy about something and knocked my 2 year old in the jaw... 2 year bit the side of his mouth and was bleeding. Guess what... Still haven't had time to call them back and wait to speak with someone again.
tl01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:31 PM   #11
stuaz
macrumors 6502

If you had made the call you would of got your answer by now though rather than spending time defending your actions and it would of been far more accurate than 'strangers' on the internet.

Just saying...
stuaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:36 PM   #12
joeshmo2010
macrumors 6502a

Wow, get off OP's back. He obviously was not in a place at the time to make a call, so he decided to try an post here for an answer. There's NOTHING wrong with that. Some of us have important jobs or classes where we can't exactly just up and make a call to apple, but we can post online instead. How you people over react and are so damn condescending is absolutely asinine.
joeshmo2010 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:54 PM   #13
lulla01
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to lulla01
Order with different it's credit card doesn't matter.
lulla01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:53 PM   #14
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmo2010 View Post
Wow, get off OP's back. He obviously was not in a place at the time to make a call, so he decided to try an post here for an answer. There's NOTHING wrong with that. Some of us have important jobs or classes where we can't exactly just up and make a call to apple, but we can post online instead. How you people over react and are so damn condescending is absolutely asinine.
Thanks for the support!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 02:04 PM   #15
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
A short post takes no time at all. And a post can be done discretely from work (like this post), where as a phone call cannot be made without half the office hearing.

Just saying.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 03:04 PM   #16
iphone1105
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
A short post takes no time at all. And a post can be done discretely from work (like this post), where as a phone call cannot be made without half the office hearing.

Just saying.
LOL you haven't liked me ever so you're opinion doesn't count

I kid, but it's the truth
iphone1105 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:20 PM   #17
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
LOL you haven't liked me ever so you're opinion doesn't count

I kid, but it's the truth
If its the truth then you're not kidding.

And for the record I don't dislike you. I just think you're a troll, your that you may just suffer from a few troll-like tendencies.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:18 PM   #18
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
I went to order three minis for Christmas and saw that apple is still limiting us to two. Is that at a time/per order? Per apple ID? Per credit card, per address? I want them all registered to me. If I do one order if two and then another with one will one of them be cancelled? Or if I order two and find one in store and use my apple ID... Will they cancel one of the ones I order online?
buy a a gift card with the amount, then ship it to a your friends address.
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:32 PM   #19
tl01
macrumors 6502a

I ordered the 3rd one... Same ID but different card. Hopefully all will be fine!
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:13 AM   #20
bevsb2
macrumors 6502

It takes a few seconds to post a question and get answers from people who share their experiences. You can be on hold forever and will get the company line, not suggestions re how you can work around the problem.
bevsb2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 07:22 AM   #21
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuaz View Post
If you had made the call you would of got your answer by now though rather than spending time defending your actions and it would of been far more accurate than 'strangers' on the internet.

Just saying...
Why does this OP have to defend anything?

OP, like you found out, the third could be put on another card. Really seems like an ineffective way to sell since they don't restrict it to the ID, but it helps people who are trying to buy as gifts and not buy to resell.
Old Dec 5, 2012, 09:36 AM   #22
stuaz
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica. View Post
Why does this OP have to defend anything? .
Cos its the internet full of keyboard warriors and all that.
stuaz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad