Xcode Developer Toolset Updated to Version 4.6 - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:50 AM   #26
rols
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConCat View Post
I've noticed this quite often too. Sometimes the I realize I need to enclose something in brackets after it's been typed, so I put the end bracket first since i'm already at the end, then go to the beginning, and magically that extraneous bracket appears. Ah well, it's clearly a very simple logic error that would take all of five seconds to fix, they just have to do it...
It's horrible. I filed 12022215 against that at the start of August 2012, closed as a dupe of 11339104. Still not fixed.

I've learned the muscle memory when I insert a paren like that to use the left arrow over it, then the right arrow and THEN type the space. That stops it happening but it should be fixed.

I wonder if the variable-completion bug in the debugger is fixed, the one where after a while it would autocomplete but not in 'ghost' mode, but in full type mode so you end up with garbage at the end of the line as you keep typing.

I filed that one last year too, they asked me to test the fix, I did, said it didn't work, and the bug was closed anyway which I found rather annoying.
rols is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 01:59 AM   #27
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
Great news, all around.

Has Clang been updated? I was finding quirks with it refusing to compile some C++ code a week or two ago... I'm wondering if that code will still not compile.
Do you mean "it refused to compile code that it compiled before" or "I tried to compile some code for the first time, and it refused"?

99% of the time when this happens the C++ code wasn't valid C++. Happens a lot with template heavy code developed for Windows.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:32 AM   #28
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnasher729 View Post
Do you mean "it refused to compile code that it compiled before" or "I tried to compile some code for the first time, and it refused"?

99% of the time when this happens the C++ code wasn't valid C++. Happens a lot with template heavy code developed for Windows.
It had compiled and run on a school computer running Windows 7 (IDK what compiler... Maybe G++?) but later wouldn't compile on my own computer running Mountain Lion (using Clang... I didn't try it with G++... I just rewrote the code Clang had complained about a different way.)
ArtOfWarfare is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:17 PM   #29
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtOfWarfare View Post
It had compiled and run on a school computer running Windows 7 (IDK what compiler... Maybe G++?) but later wouldn't compile on my own computer running Mountain Lion (using Clang... I didn't try it with G++... I just rewrote the code Clang had complained about a different way.)
That's not unusual. Compiling on Windows doesn't mean it's valid C++.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertbarkley View Post
Great news all around..
I hope that this will make C++ coding easy for me..
The C++ upgrade is minimal. User defined literals have been added and unrestricted unions (since 4.5.2). I wouldn't say either of them is a feature that makes coding easier, but it makes C++11 support more complete.
gnasher729 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion