Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnothy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 10, 2012
Midwest
I went to Best Buy and compared the screen size of the iPad Mini to the Kindle Fire HD and a few other 7 inch tablets. While the Kindle Fire has a color rich, sharper screen, it is too small to me. The iPad Mini seems like the best screen size at 7.9 inches with the right thinness and weight for a portable tablet. It is just too bad they didn't add the retina display. I think that is the drawback for most people along with the $329 price tag.

darkknight11

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2011
I went to Best Buy and compared the screen size of the iPad Mini to the Kindle Fire HD and a few other 7 inch tablets. While the Kindle Fire has a color rich, sharper screen, it is too small to me. The iPad Mini seems like the best screen size at 7.9 inches with the right thinness and weight for a portable tablet. It is just too bad they didn't add the retina display. I think that is the drawback for most people along with the $329 price tag.

so why is every size and wifi/lte version of the mini backordered for 2 weeks!? the price isn't "scaring" too many people :p

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006

I agree with you about the size and the price tag. However I doubt most people, aside from Apple fans even know what retina is. Same thing with computers, how many times have you heard someone mistake ram for storage. I think most people are clueless about these things.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i dont think it's the price tag, but it's about the battery and screen technology.

if apple can fit retina display into the mini, and have the battery lasts 10 hours, they will sell it too this year.

$329 iPad Mini
$599 iPad Mini Pro (retina display, 1gb ram, A6x) (and im sure a lot of people will queue for this thing)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.