Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OldRhodie

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Belfast
I am one who uses the Smart Cover without any back protection on my iPads. Never had any problems with the iPad 2, the iPad 3 still looks as good as the day I brought her home, and the new iPad Mini looks terrific, too. I will add, though, that with the iPad Mini, since she is brand-new (just got her this past Tuesday) and since her back is black, while I have the Smart Cover on the front and use her with that around the house, when she's not in my hands, just like the other iPads she is always positioned on a stand rather than lying flat. When going out, I pop her into a RadTech sleeve that I had bought for one of the earlier iPads, and that protects her back from junk in my purse. Because the sleeve is meant for a larger iPad it is really easy to pull the iPad Mini out of it and to pop her back in. This is what works for me.....

Ditto, no back protection & so far so good, but I do worry!

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Can one of you guys (or both) post a picture of the Ghost Armor, specifically the corners? Does it cover them completely or leave them exposed?

It covers them

It has like a circle in each corners , don't know why they made it like that

But is fine , the circle is actually the skin protector

Everything is covered except the usual speakers , headphone , volume buttons

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
How is installation compared to screen protectors? I suck at screen protectors. Thanks

Way easier. Since it's slightly stiff and thicker than a screen protector, it's really easy to apply. Also since you can use the camera cutout as a starting point, it's easy to get everything lined up.

I also have to give iCarbons a ton of credit. While my installation went smooth, I called them about getting more Apple cutouts and they offered to send me an entire new custom back skin. My new one will not have the cutout for the Apple logo and will instead be one solid sheet of carbon fiber. Best customer service I've received in a while.

Here's their install video.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.