Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:21 AM   #26
Sounds Good
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Looks like I'll need to do some research -- and I will -- but can someone nut-shell me on the difference between a Note 2 (tablet?) and the S III (phone?).

Thank you!
Sounds Good is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 10:42 AM   #27
PDFierro
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Good View Post
Looks like I'll need to do some research -- and I will -- but can someone nut-shell me on the difference between a Note 2 (tablet?) and the S III (phone?).

Thank you!
Note 2 is a phone, it just happen to has a 5.-something screen.
PDFierro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:01 AM   #28
nick_elt
macrumors 68000
 
nick_elt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
This is easy. go with the note 2 and everything else Apple. Win.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sounds Good View Post
Looks like I'll need to do some research -- and I will -- but can someone nut-shell me on the difference between a Note 2 (tablet?) and the S III (phone?).

Thank you!
the note 2 has more ram (2 gig) faster cpu (quad core 1.6) s pen (look at it on youtube, its more than just a stylus) and a larger screen. they are the main differences. the note 2 is not a tablet. (LTE S3's also have 2gig of ram tho)

----------

oh and the note 2 has a much bigger battery which that alone makes it better
__________________
White Macbook, 2012 Macbook air 13", titanium grey galaxy note 2, ipad 3rd gen, apple tv 3
nick_elt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:35 AM   #29
Sounds Good
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Hmmm... very interesting.

Thanks!
Sounds Good is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 01:08 PM   #30
DarwinOSX
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
No it doesn't. I have both phones and thats just incorrect. The Note 2 has a much bigger battery because it needs one for the quad core processor and large screen and the fact that the Android OS is not as efficient as iOS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanteMann View Post
@ OP, do you really have a note 2? The only reason I ask is, the Note 2 battery life absolutely blows away the iPhone 5. It's not even close. The most diehard fanboy would be ashamed to even try to argue this. So when you say you decided to activate it, you would have noticed this right away after using it. So if battery life is indeed important to you, then there is no comparison between the two. You didn't really acknowledge the amazing battery life of the Note 2 after mentioning how you have bad experience with Android phones' battery life.
__________________
Mac user since 1984.
DarwinOSX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:43 PM   #31
Tig Bitties
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Note 2 has ridiculous battery life. I am on SKYNOTE ROM v7. Right now unplugged for 19h 31m battery @ 55% left. And On Screen time of 4h 10m

So I should get over 8h screen time, and 36+ hours on a single charge. Does the iPhone 5 do that well?
Tig Bitties is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 06:40 PM   #32
DeathChill
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
It's actually weird that this thread taught me something: the review tests seem to show the iPhone 5 getting better battery life than the Note II.

Engadget Battery Test (Video Loop):
iPhone 5: 11:15
Note II: 10:45

AnandTech WiFi Web Browsing Test:
iPhone 5: 10:27
Note 2: 8:41

I find it odd because everyone here says the Note II blows away everything in the battery life department and I just automatically assumed it did, but actually looking at it seems to tell a different story.
DeathChill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:55 PM   #33
F123D
macrumors 68040
 
F123D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SoCal
Actual usage, I'm charging my Note II less often then I did my iPhone 5. Easily getting two full days usage on a single charge and with casual use, three days.
__________________
Jailbroken iPhone 3G -> Jailbroken iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> Galaxy Note II -> Nexus 5
F123D is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:51 AM   #34
kiltedthrower
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
It's actually weird that this thread taught me something: the review tests seem to show the iPhone 5 getting better battery life than the Note II.

Engadget Battery Test (Video Loop):
iPhone 5: 11:15
Note II: 10:45

AnandTech WiFi Web Browsing Test:
iPhone 5: 10:27
Note 2: 8:41

I find it odd because everyone here says the Note II blows away everything in the battery life department and I just automatically assumed it did, but actually looking at it seems to tell a different story.
I've never used an iphone but I get close to 20 hours of use before I have to charge again
kiltedthrower is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:49 PM   #35
wgr73
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
It's actually weird that this thread taught me something: the review tests seem to show the iPhone 5 getting better battery life than the Note II.

Engadget Battery Test (Video Loop):
iPhone 5: 11:15
Note II: 10:45

AnandTech WiFi Web Browsing Test:
iPhone 5: 10:27
Note 2: 8:41

I find it odd because everyone here says the Note II blows away everything in the battery life department and I just automatically assumed it did, but actually looking at it seems to tell a different story.

I literally just lol'd. That's bullcrap dude. :lol: My Note 2 KILLS the iPhone 5's battery life. The iPhone sucked compared to the Note 2. Cut the i5 claimed time in half or more and you're getting close. I just charged my Note 2 after 2 days off the charger! My i5 would come off the charger at 2pm and die by 9-10pm same day under semi-heavy use (my wifes as well). My Note 2 lives for 2 days under my usage.
__________________
MacBook Air (2013): 13", i7/8/512
iPhone 5s: 32gb Black
iPad rMini: 64gb Wifi Black
Flickr
wgr73 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhone 5 vs galaxy s3 or galaxy note 2 eab191 Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 55 Dec 5, 2012 11:53 PM
Galaxy Note II Or Iphone 5 ?? TheBigKing Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 35 Oct 17, 2012 07:16 AM
Apple adds Samsung's flagship Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note to 'Galaxy Nexus' complaint Dolorian Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 111 Sep 4, 2012 11:36 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:31 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC