Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:43 PM   #26
Tigger92
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scupking View Post
Its impossible to have IR on an LCD screen only plasmas or old CRTs can have IR.
That is absolutely untrue. I work in the display industry and with LC panels. They certainly can have image retention if the LC driver does not properly DC balance the charge across the pixels. If people are seeing an image retention issue, it could simply be a faulty LCD driver.
Tigger92 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:38 PM   #27
AzN1337c0d3r
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardSmith View Post
Anyone who has replaced this iPad 13 times deserves to see this phenomenon for the rest of their life. Why start threads like this? Have nothing to do, try dating.
So your position is people should pay a premium on a device that is marketed with a premium display and then just take it up the butt when the display is inferior to most other displays?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:41 AM   #28
HowardSmith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzN1337c0d3r View Post
So your position is people should pay a premium on a device that is marketed with a premium display and then just take it up the butt when the display is inferior to most other displays?
What I am saying is that if you are to not happy after 13 replacements . . .maybe it is not the product that is defective

Last edited by HowardSmith; Nov 13, 2012 at 03:14 AM.
HowardSmith is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:19 AM   #29
layziegtp
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzN1337c0d3r View Post
No, you should take it back to an Apple store for a replacement. End of story.
layziegtp is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:49 PM   #30
briceman
macrumors member

Still have IR on my iPad 2. I am considering getting on the phone and demanding a full refund because this is absolutely ridiculous...
briceman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 12:55 PM   #31
mcdj
macrumors 603

Op, how long was your settings page on screen? I had IR when a black and white clock was left on for a few minutes on my ipad 3, but it went away soon after.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:17 PM   #32
AzN1337c0d3r
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by layziegtp View Post
No, you should take it back to an Apple store for a replacement. End of story.
Kind of hard to do when after 7 display replacements with the LG panel in my Retina Macbook Pro, the store tells me this is "normal display characteristics".

I had to drive across town to the other Apple store where a manager on duty agreed that displays should not have image retention after 2 minutes and knew how to get the Samsung display I wanted by looking it up in the web system. Most people aren't that lucky and basically Apple was giving them the big "lol you're screwed".

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardSmith View Post
What I am saying is that if you are to happy after 13 replacements . . .maybe it is not the product that is defective
It's no coincidence that these people got 13 LG panels and then a Samsung panel and they were happy with the Samsung panel.

It's also no coincidence that all display replacement parts are all NOW Samsung parts.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdj View Post
Op, how long was your settings page on screen? I had IR when a black and white clock was left on for a few minutes on my ipad 3, but it went away soon after.
Probably like 10 minutes. I went downstairs to brew a cup of coffee.

Last edited by AzN1337c0d3r; Nov 12, 2012 at 06:23 PM.
AzN1337c0d3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:28 PM   #33
syd430

I saw image retention for the time at a local store here. It was the display Samsung galaxy III and you see a faint outline of the Samsung galaxy S III logo (im assuming it was from the boot screen) all across the middle section of the screen (taking up about 20-30% of the screen). It woudnt go away as i played with the phone. Quite interesting.
  1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad