Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
In that LG vs Samsung review the OP mentioned the LSN133BT01A02 model but theres also the LTH133BT01A03

LTH133BT01A03 is not as saturated as LSN133BT01A02 and is more like the LG screen which has the slight washed out appearance, thought I'd mention it.

Edit: also the LTH Samsung is not as bright as the LG (from testing at the store)

Last edited:

skydesigner

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2011
In that LG vs Samsung review the OP mentioned the LSN133BT01A02 model but theres also the LTH133BT01A03

LTH133BT01A03 is not as saturated as LSN133BT01A02 and is more like the LG screen which has the slight washed out appearance, thought I'd mention it.

Edit: also the LTH Samsung is not as bright as the LG (from testing at the store)

Could it be that you´ve mixed up the Samsung screens? I got a new MBA 13" with the LSN display. So this seems to be the newer model.
Although I´ve nothing to complain (just wish it could be matte), I wanted to comment. :)

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Could it be that you´ve mixed up the Samsung screens? I got a new MBA 13" with the LSN display. So this seems to be the newer model.
Although I´ve nothing to complain (just wish it could be matte), I wanted to comment. :)

The LSN might be newer but the LTH is still in rotation with the 2012 Airs.

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
I wish they'd just settle on one manufacturer for LCD panels - it's starting to get crazily confusing.

On the Airs: LGs are generally washed out, Samsungs are much nicer panels. But now there are varying degrees of niceness for samsunds. On the RMBP, the LG is a nicer screen, but is dimmer and suffers from image retention, the samsung is brighter, suffers from white spots, and has more washed out colours.

:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.