Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:28 PM   #1
ApplesAOranges
macrumors 6502

WTH Apple??? I have to wait 2 months for new iMac!

I ordered a new iMac in the beginning of January. Now Apple is telling me I wonīt get it until the end of February, which I doubt, īcause they first told me I should have gotten it in two weeks, a blatant lie!

WTH is going on with Apple? Lying, failing promises and not being able to manufacture computers? Not even going to open the Mc Pro can of worms. Even getting iPhone 5 took month longer to get than what was promised.

Itīs just unbelievable how poor job they are doing yet still being the 1. computer company.
ApplesAOranges is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:50 PM   #2
itsamacthing
macrumors 6502

Core Rot

You may enjoy this post at MPGhttp://macperformanceguide.com/AppleCoreRot-intro.html

I feel like Apple is making some poor choices. A feeling that does not resonate we'll with most fanboys, but any real long time fan boy should feel the same. 13 years ago I switched because Apple was innovating, but today the are just superficial money grabbers. When i watch apple videos about much time and effort went into a product that has 40% IR rate, you start to see the people in the videos as insincere. A truly thoughtful Apple would have updated their Mac Pro every 2 years, the new iMac would have its SD card slot on the side and retained a FW800 port, plus 4 more USB ports. Apple would be using high quality LCDs across their lines vs the LCD lottery. My gripes go on and on... But I'm not a writer and this thread should be about the imac. Check out the link above, he's a great writer and puts a lot of the serious issues into perspective.
itsamacthing is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:52 PM   #3
ApplesAOranges
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamacthing View Post
Nice article, echoed lot of my personal thoughts about Apple these days. Use to be a big fan of Apple and OS X, but their new direction has made me think going back to Windows.

Can they do anything right these days?
ApplesAOranges is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:00 AM   #4
large farva
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesAOranges View Post
I ordered a new iMac in the beginning of January. Now Apple is telling me I wonīt get it until the end of February, which I doubt, īcause they first told me I should have gotten it in two weeks, a blatant lie!

WTH is going on with Apple? Lying, failing promises and not being able to manufacture computers? Not even going to open the Mc Pro can of worms. Even getting iPhone 5 took month longer to get than what was promised.

Itīs just unbelievable how poor job they are doing yet still being the 1. computer company.
What happened to cause such a delay?
large farva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:13 AM   #5
ApplesAOranges
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by large farva View Post
What happened to cause such a delay?
I donīt know, they did not give me any valid reason. Just said they have delay problems.
ApplesAOranges is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:47 AM   #6
mushroomtip
macrumors 6502

where are you located ?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 01:15 AM   #7
ApplesAOranges
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroomtip View Post
where are you located ?
Denmark Copenhagen.
ApplesAOranges is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 01:19 AM   #8
turtlez
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesAOranges View Post

Look at it this way, you don't have to buy from Apple but you do. Why? Because Apple is unique. A lot of other people are thinking like you and Apple is one company building the whole product for you vs competitors releasing one part each and having a generic local company or individual user build it themselves. There is going to be dramatic wait times the more popular Apple gets. You just got unlucky with the wait times since it is usually 1 month from order. Anyway hope you get it soon.
turtlez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 01:20 AM   #9
Megaoctane
macrumors regular

A lot of Norwegians ordering through resellers are experiencing the same.
Megaoctane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 01:35 AM   #10
Thuc5dides
macrumors newbie

Surely you mean "WTF"?

I agree, my business has lost quite a bit of money waiting for our new edit suite to be installed, thanks Apple.
Thuc5dides is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:23 AM   #11
MacAlien
macrumors member

Serious question but are resellers the only option for a lot of EU countries or something? I'd think it would be quicker to order directly from Apple, no?
MacAlien is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:35 AM   #12
Megaoctane
macrumors regular

Apple has a online store in almost every country I believe. Many customers have a good track record with a reseller and wish to continue with the relationship.
Some are just visiting a reseller, and get carried persuaded by the salesperson, and order the machine.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 02:39 AM   #13
RoastingPig
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to RoastingPig
yeh i hate apple as a company now but i never buy a product of theres at release i do my homework on the computer ipod iphone or watever of theres im buying including software or os updates im always patient with this new look apple i lost allot of confidence in them somewhere mid 2010
Old Feb 3, 2013, 05:09 AM   #14
Lancer
macrumors 68000

I ordered my 27" Dec 1st, took over 8 weeks to finally get an email that it's on it's way. Should see it next week, so more than 9 weeks.

Yes not good even for Apple and a new iMac. Wish I got it sooner but what can you do?
Lancer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2013, 10:15 PM   #15
phobos
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAlien View Post
Serious question but are resellers the only option for a lot of EU countries or something? I'd think it would be quicker to order directly from Apple, no?
Unfortunately yes resellers are the only choice in some countries.
Which brings up a lot of problems in the process.
1) For example having to pay a big deposit before actually getting the machine (for BTO)
2) being very picky in hardware that needs replacement even though Apple would normally change it (even though that has changed a lot)
3) long wait times for a lot of the products. Let's just say this is not the first time I'll have to wait a month to get my machine. (Last time it was 1 1/2 month for the Mac Pro). I'm still waiting for a slightly customized MacBook Air ( more ram equals close to 2 weeks time as we speak)
4) prices that are out of this world. This is probably apples doing as well but third party peripherals priced sky high.
And the list goes on and on
For example I've seen in the forum a lot of people replacing their machine for the third time. This would probably never happen here....
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:04 AM   #16
jDW194
macrumors newbie

It's shocking .... It's like the time I ordered a new BMW 5 series the same week it was launched, it took four months to arrive !!!!! Yeah they fed me some crap about having to build and assemble it to the spec I wanted then ship it to Australia, seriously I can't work out why they did not have enough stock, of every possible variation, for every customer ready at launch?

What a bunch of whack jobs can't believe they are one of the top car companies.
jDW194 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:39 AM   #17
marc11
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDW194 View Post
It's shocking .... It's like the time I ordered a new BMW 5 series the same week it was launched, it took four months to arrive !!!!! Yeah they fed me some crap about having to build and assemble it to the spec I wanted then ship it to Australia, seriously I can't work out why they did not have enough stock, of every possible variation, for every customer ready at launch?

What a bunch of whack jobs can't believe they are one of the top car companies.
While your point is valid, name other mainstream PC manufactures that make you wait this long? The problem is Apple with its bleeding edge design has not nailed the supply side capabilities to meet demand.

That's a fail Apple needs to fix IMHO.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 02:58 AM   #18
Stingray454
macrumors 6502

In europe, Apple seems to give (a lot of) priority to people ordering directly from the online apple store. I ordered one online in december and had it in 2 weeks. A friend ordered at the start of december through a reseller and still didn't recieve it. If you're getting a newly released Apple product, ALWAYS order directly from Apple or you're looking at 3-4 weeks longer delivery times.
Stingray454 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 03:04 AM   #19
Herbaljunkies
macrumors newbie

Nice Information.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 03:44 AM   #20
Serban
macrumors 68000

I think beginning with March apple should delivery the imac in 2 weeks and with QA up to date
Serban is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 03:49 AM   #21
ian2000
macrumors newbie

The online shipping time for the 27" in the UK has slipped to 4-6 weeks!
ian2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 11:33 AM   #22
phobos
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian2000 View Post
The online shipping time for the 27" in the UK has slipped to 4-6 weeks!
That's exciting news!!
So it seems I'll get mine in March (ordered on the 23rd of January)! woohoo!!

It seems that the built process is quite tricky. Hope we won't see any more problems than the ones mentioned here already!
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:36 PM   #23
Yeroon
macrumors member

Clearly, manufacturing isn't at the level where it's supposed to be yet. I ordered December 6th (through a reseller) and still nothing...

Haswell is almost here now! :P
Yeroon is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2013, 06:22 PM   #24
FreemanW
macrumors 6502

I'm amazed that these threads still get traction.

As the poster mentioned with his BMW order, BTO takes time and at this point, the news of Apple encountering production issues with the screen and tight supply constraints with the new iMac design--specifically the 27" model--it really is last months fish wrap.

You want some slapped-together piece of schlock? Go buy an HP or Dell at Worst Buy.

If you even thought seriously enough about getting a newly designed iMac, you shoulda got your order in during the first hours that they became available for pre-order.

I had approached the new iMac with the plan and expectation to order from a local B&M reseller . . . . when I saw a couple of forum posts in the wee hours of November 30th and their projected ship/delivery dates, my plans changed right then and there. I got mine on Dec 13th and it is perfect and beautiful.

Bite your tongue and know that it will be worth the wait.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac