Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
They will have questions about it, but just pretend you know nothing. If they have the same cell provider as you, refer them to the provider for questions on it. They eventually stopped and I had my peace.

They'll definitely ask me about it. I'll just play it off like maybe it's a service issue or whatever. If they somehow do find out I've blocked them, I'll simply tell them they can find their way off the list by getting the company to pay a third of my cell phone bill every month. Surely they won't even consider that, so I'm good. I have a home phone with an answering machine. They have that number, too. So it's not as if they can't reach me at all.

smitty303

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2012
Colorado
There's nothing on your phone that can do that. You can disable iMessage easy enough. Maybe even disable texts as well via your carrier, not sure. But without jailbreaking, theres nothing that will auto respond to them that tells them there was an error.

Try the jailbreak forum, they might help out some.

P.S. Go with the sharp cheddar, I hear its good.

I just had to let you know that I got that hidden message on your last line. Very sneaky! :D

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
They'll definitely ask me about it. I'll just play it off like maybe it's a service issue or whatever. If they somehow do find out I've blocked them, I'll simply tell them they can find their way off the list by getting the company to pay a third of my cell phone bill every month. Surely they won't even consider that, so I'm good. I have a home phone with an answering machine. They have that number, too. So it's not as if they can't reach me at all.

Why can't you tell them you're unavailable to change shift? You made plans, etc?

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

Keep me up to date and let me know if it works for you. Like I said, you don't have to be on top of sending your auto response, as long as they receive one from you. It could be blamed due to a delayed response. No different from a voicemail I receive 1 or 2 days later.

Remember, keep it authentic and create something as if it were sent from your carrier:

"Message Notification Unable 2/12/13 1430pm ref# spr:12jn345m"

Good Luck!

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2012
Keep me up to date and let me know if it works for you. Like I said, you don't have to be on top of sending your auto response, as long as they receive one from you. It could be blamed due to a delayed response. No different from a voicemail I receive 1 or 2 days later.

Remember, keep it authentic and create something as if it were sent from your carrier:

Good Luck!

I was able to block the five numbers from the VZW website. So I think I'm all set. But if they somehow get through from a line other than the ones I banned your suggestion is Plan B. Thanks again. I had issues with my voicemail recently because Apple sent me a new replacement that I didn't call Verizon to register with them. Something about the IMEI number not being on file and being the culprit for my voicemail not working. I will go with an excuse like that. They'll buy that hook, line, and sinker.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Good Luck!

The problem with this is that the text message will be coming from your phone number so they will know you send it.
If there's really an error or a message delivery fault you get an autoreply back within a second and that comes from a carriers error number other than the receivers cellphone number.
But some might still buy it though:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.