Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clicck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Anyone have any claims experience with WorthAveGroup?

Long story short my backpack/macbook was stolen at the library several weeks ago. I filed a police report with my local PD, which took them a week to processed the report next week. After it was processed, I filed a claim with Worth Ave Group. Received an email the same day saying "we received your claim and it's in review with the adjuster, etc, etc, etc."

I haven't heard anything from them for over a week so I sent an email asking for any updates. They responded basically saying we processed the claim today and "passed it along to the adjuster today." I'm like wuuuuut? they already said they sent the claim to the adjuster over a week ago and now they're saying the adjuster received the claim today....?

Just want to let you all know my experience with WAG so far and wanting to know if anyone else know if they have any experience with WAG? I am definitely not satisfied with worth ave group on how they are handling my claim. How long does a claim usually take? I'm studying abroad starting early March and will be gone for 10 weeks and hoping to get this claim processed by the time I leave...

Will update when or if there is any updates...

edit: just realized this might not be the best subforum for this thread, mods please move it if needed (and sorry)

Last edited:

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
We had an argument about them in another thread, someone who worked for the company (claiming to be an executive) commented in, so maybe search it out and contact him directly. He also claimed 100% customer satisfaction, and quick responses, so clearly he's a sales guy or just blowing smoke to try and get customers.

Good luck with them. My experience is it's better to spend a little more and buy an add-on policy for your homeowners or renters policy to cover the laptop. Most reputable insurance companies will give you a lower deductible for individually named product losses, or waive the deductible all together. For something like a laptop, one shouldn't but it's own policy, it's better to add it onto your home or renters policy.

Keep pushing them. I personally think a week to resolve a claim like that is absurd, and you haven't even gotten resolution yet. I'd send them a 24 hour demand for payout and if they don't, file a claim in your local small claims court. Also, file a complaint with the BBB. I know most companies care about their BBB ratings and will respond to complaints so they don't show as unresponded\unresolved on their record.

I've made my dislike for Worth Ave Group known already, so I'm not going to bash them anymore, but I'd recommend looking at other insurance options once you've received a replacement\compensation for your claim.

clicck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. I will look into filing a claim with BBB if I don't hear anything by the end of this week. Yeah I am totally not satisfied with the way WAG has been handling my claim thus far.

Update: Even though I was already told the adjuster was reviewing my claim over a week ago, I was told "The adjuster will review it today" (which was yesterday), and I still have not receive any email/phone call from them. Looks like they're giving me the run around/stall tactics...

clicck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Very frustrated with WAG at this point. Honest opinion is they are very unprofessional and incompetent.

It's been 3 days since my last contact with worthavegroup, so I contacted them again to see if there's any updates. They say they need to verify my police report. What have they been doing these past two weeks!?!!?

I told them over a week ago to see if they want me visit my local PD station and have them directly fax/mail them a copy of my police report because my local PD's record department is only open on Wednesday, but they said "it is currently not required we have one." Sigh... probably have to way another week now....

Another incompetent thing with worthavegroup.... claims department "failed to print the claim legibly"... so they sent illegible forms to the adjuster, which had to get reprinted and resent to the adjuster :)confused:), which delayed for another couple days... very nice to know the claims department are checking incoming documents very closely before sending to an adjuster /sarcasm

Last edited:

clicck

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Well my check will be sent out on next Monday and will receive it within 5-7 business days. Let's see how long it will take.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Well my check will be sent out on next Monday and will receive it within 5-7 business days. Let's see how long it will take.

Wow, more than a month to process a simple claim? That's a joke in the insurance industry. The whole point of insurance is to make you whole and do it quickly. Imagine if your business relied on that mac? Most insurance carrlers would pay for loss of use during that time... not WAG I'm sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.