Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:59 PM   #151
bedifferent
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsanity77 View Post
Also, for the frontline color offset at 0xDC664, I believe the original bytes there were 28 C1 or something like that. So, you'd be changing 28 C1 to 57 C0. Understand?

----------

Also, I've created a separate thread for people to talk about this particular way as it seems more appropriate. If you're having issues, please ask your questions there. Thank you!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1495519
Completely. I made all the changed to the modified Dock.exec with the dump info.

One last question, I copied the modified Dock file to the MacOS folder in Dock.app but the file is not recognized as a Unix file. How do I change it? Running the last terminal command won't work until it is fixed.

Quote:
Corys-Macbook-Air:~ CJ$ codesign -f -s Dummy /System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/Dock
/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/Dock: replacing existing signature
/System/Library/CoreServices/Dock.app/Contents/MacOS/Dock: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable
Thanks so much!

Whoops, sorry, just read the last sentence, I will move to that thread. Sorry!
bedifferent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:05 PM   #152
unsanity77
macrumors member

Oops! You've malformed the executable somehow. You'll have to start over from the beginning.

An invalid object file format means the mach_header is corrupted... that's the first 0x1000 bytes of the file. The most common mistake here is dumping the wrong addresses from gdb or pasting in the dumped code incorrectly. (or if the write mode in 0xED wasn't set to "Overwrite")

Replace the Dock binary with the original and try again.

Also, please direct the next question to this thread.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1495519
unsanity77 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:06 PM   #153
viciousx23
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAngryPenguin View Post
I just want to thank everyone in this thread for offering all the guidance. I now have an acceptable Dock in Mountain Lion:

Credits:
It's only been a few moments since getting it all sorted, and I already believe that I like it better than how it looked in Lion / Snow Leopard / Leopard! It's almost as if the blue indicators are "reflecting" the black glass bezel of my MBP! Thanks again!
I have a block dock now thanks to unsanity77's helpful .zip file, but I was wondering how you got your dock reflections to show up so vividly? Suffice to say, it looks AWESOME and I'd love to have my dock look like yours, but in dark black. Would that be possible? Or does that only work for your specific modification done to the Dock app?
viciousx23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:13 PM   #154
TheAngryPenguin
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousx23 View Post
I have a block dock now thanks to unsanity77's helpful .zip file, but I was wondering how you got your dock reflections to show up so vividly? Suffice to say, it looks AWESOME and I'd love to have my dock look like yours, but in dark black. Would that be possible? Or does that only work for your specific modification done to the Dock app?
I really didn't do anything special. I believe the reason that it looks the way is does in the screenshot is due to the wallpaper being used. If you're not already using a dark themed wallpaper, give that a try.

On another note, I really don't recommend this approach anymore because the resources included in that version of Dock.app are so old. New features have been added, and I'm guessing that some old stuff has been removed. Check out this thread for what is in my opinion, a much better solution.
TheAngryPenguin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 05:44 PM   #155
viciousx23
macrumors newbie

Ah, I see. Well that's exactly where I got the zip file from in his first post, and it's actually great that it's black instead of the original one. However, my themes are all "true" black so to speak, so *if possible* I wanted to see if there was a way to change his matte black to a darker black with the reflections showing up as clear as yours.
viciousx23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2013, 08:46 PM   #156
Iphone4sinwhite
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxHorseRiderxxx View Post
I made an account just to post this... lol. Anyway, I was able to get a custom dock image working on my 10.8 Mountain Lion GM build.

So basically what you do, is download dockdesigner here:

http://www.moritzwette.com/dockdesig...?forcedownload

Open up dockdesigner and click the 3D tab, then click the "NO" button under transparent dock. After that you can copy and paste in your custom dock images; the ones that I highlighted.
Can I ask where did you find this image for the dock base? It looks great!
Iphone4sinwhite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2013, 09:32 PM   #157
RooterXXL
macrumors newbie

MacOS 10.7 Dock on MacOS 10.8

hi guys,
thanks for the instructions, I have merged some files together from 10.7 and re-created the 10.7 Dock on 10.8. The indicators are much more visible.

Feel free to simply replace the Dock.app file or copy/paste the contents from my .app file into the Dock.app file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6d08p73tnj769sw/Dock.10.7.zip
RooterXXL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:48 AM   #158
jcfsw
macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,
I have an issue with my dock after I followed your instruction, see :

See grey parts on left and right, what is it ?
jcfsw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 05:04 AM   #159
jcfsw
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfsw View Post
Hi Guys,

Noone to help me ?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 05:13 AM   #160
Ddyracer
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Noone to help me ?
Click here for black dock mod.

Download the GUI zip and then try restoring.
Ddyracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2013, 11:27 AM   #161
jcfsw
macrumors newbie

When I tro to use this soft I have a message in red "Your dock version is currently no patchable".....

Why ?
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:44 PM   #162
xgman
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Hi Guys,

end caps.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 04:14 PM   #163
ieatcalcium
macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, in Mountain Lion, Apple has changed the way the dock is rendered, so most likely none of the old ways of changing the dock will work. If anyone still wants the dock files, I will upload them and give a link.
ieatcalcium is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion