Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

LinkedIn has launched a new app called LinkedIn Contacts, which is designed to be a contact management system that incorporates connections on LinkedIn with contacts from your iPhone and from third party services like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.
LinkedIn Contacts brings together all your address books, emails, and calendars, and keeps them up to date in one place. From these sources, we'll automatically pull in the details of your past conversations and meetings, and bring these details directly onto your contact's profile.
linkedin.jpg
The new app organizes emails, calendar events, and more into a timeline that is displayed on a per-person basis. Looking up a person within the app reveals all prior communications along with contact info and the app will also supply information and alerts for birthdays and job changes.
-All your contacts in one place - We bring together all of your address books, emails, and calendars, and keep them up to date so you don't have to

-Never miss an opportunity to stay in touch - Get alerted on job changes and birthdays in your network, a perfect opportunity to say hello

-See where you left off the conversation - Review your most recent correspondence with a contact before picking up the phone

-Discover more about who you're meeting with - Prepare for your day with details on each person you're meeting

-Find the right person for the task at hand - Sort contacts by recent conversation and filter by company or location
LinkedIn Contacts can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: LinkedIn Launches Standalone Contact Aggregation App

OldSchoolMacGuy

Suspended
Jul 10, 2008
If only they'd update their Business Card Scanner app too. Hasn't been touched since 2011. Made it simple to snap a picture of a business card and have it add them as a LinkedIn contact.

Glenny2lappies

macrumors 6502a
Sep 29, 2006
Brighton, UK
Linkedin is not dead. In fact they are seeing alot of growth year over year.

Mostly from spammers, self-publicists and lazy recruiters.

I'm so fed up with the barrage of noise from LinkedIn to the extent that I do wonder if it has any *real* utility.

I moderate one of the forums and spend an inordinate amount of time deleting the crap. I get more emails from people saying that they're leaving due to my point above.

And no, I don't TwitFace either.

Last edited:

Mums

Suspended
Oct 4, 2011
I like having an online resume / CV but I wish Linkedin would optimize the CV layout so that it looks great and is functional. As it is, it's clunky and somewhat obscured. The social aspects of Linkedin have always bothered me, as I'm not there to socialize.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.