Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
So I have a 2 year old 4 which I got on launch day (which has since been replaced a few times by apple) and only now do I have the mney to consider a 5 even thought its been out a while.

Thing is though I'm starting to hear all these rumours about how a new model could be coming out June/July, so is it worth holding n to my 4 till then? It drives me mad because neither the lock nor home buttons work properly and I find it can be so slow!

If you need a new phone then get the iPhone 5 now, it's no use waiting for the "newest" iPhone. If you go that route you'll be waiting forever. The iPhone 5 is still a relatively new device. Also, no one exactly knows when the iPhone 5S will come out. Remember the iPhone 4S? Wasn't that supposed to come out in the summer of 2011, but got pushed back to the fall?

corvus32

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
USA
The performance jump seen from 5 to 5S will not be like the jump from 4S to 5.

The move from A5 to A6 SoC is akin to C2D to SNB in the 13" MBP.

If you want the 5, buy it.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
The summer is a long way off to keep going with a broken iPhone. I got mine in December which is a little late too and I'm enjoying it. If you live in an area with LTE I think you'll see a big difference. If you don't have LTE in your area yet, then maybe not so much.

I agree. In all likelyhood the next gen won't be drastically different/improved so i'd go for it now. I just got my son a 5 last week. 16GB from Walmart was 129 with 2 year contract which was a sweet deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.