Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old May 28, 2013, 05:39 AM   #76
AppleMark
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_maddison View Post
I think you'll find all of the carriers are allowed to offer it, they chose not to. EE have just launched it, but are refusing to offer it on T mobile for example.

Visual voice mail requires investment at the network level, Voda, 3, Orange, and T mobile refused to make the investment. Your statement is untrue.
I offered a question, not a statement.
Old May 28, 2013, 06:11 AM   #77
j_maddison
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to j_maddison Send a message via MSN to j_maddison Send a message via Yahoo to j_maddison Send a message via Skype™ to j_maddison
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMark View Post
I offered a question, not a statement.
You offered a question that contained a statement Nice try
Old May 28, 2013, 06:32 AM   #78
AppleMark
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_maddison View Post
You offered a question that contained a statement Nice try
I offered a question, in reply to agreeing to a point by another poster. My question was answered and then addressed by myself in post 45, in relation to my own experience. Nice try too
Old May 28, 2013, 06:44 AM   #79
Oletros
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy7ygy View Post
Typical of the EU to carry out more meaningless & costly tasks - gotta keep the suits busy somehow!

Pathetic.
Why are meaningless and how are costly?
Old May 28, 2013, 07:11 AM   #80
Smartass
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sy7ygy View Post
Typical of the EU to carry out more meaningless & costly tasks - gotta keep the suits busy somehow!

Pathetic.
oh. my. god.
Smartass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 07:27 AM   #81
CeSinge
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartass View Post
This i've noticed that also, you cannot use LTE with my operator since apple didnt "approve it" (because they're not selling iphones). How dumb is that, year 2013 and you need an "apple approved operator" so you can have LTE on your phone?
In this sense, you are right: one reason Apple may restrict LTE/4G is to protect the local carriers with whom they have long term contracts. Here in Belgium, only one carrier has an embryo of LTE (there is not much real competition here, so they're not in a hurry to invest). But the sole carrier that distributes iPhones has no LTE yet, so blocking it disallows iPhone customers the benefit of choosing the other carrier that supports LTE. They can, of course, but not with the benefit of 4G.

The Commission is right to (finally) look into the musky business of iPhone distribution over here: many stores just a few weeks ago received enough iPhone 5 as to advertise them as in store/in stock... Why? iPhone stocks are controlled by the single carrier that also does their distribution. Not a honest business practice.
CeSinge is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 08:32 AM   #82
j_maddison
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to j_maddison Send a message via MSN to j_maddison Send a message via Yahoo to j_maddison Send a message via Skype™ to j_maddison
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMark View Post
I offered a question, in reply to agreeing to a point by another poster. My question was answered and then addressed by myself in post 45, in relation to my own experience. Nice try too
Lol
Old May 28, 2013, 03:29 PM   #83
princigalli
macrumors 6502

It's a bit late. Apple gave new life to the horrible German Deutsche Telekom, making them an expensive monopoly back in the days of the first Iphone. I unfortunately bought one and was ripped off very badly.
Old May 28, 2013, 05:57 PM   #84
Macyourdayy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diazj3 View Post
Oh, sure! Because Apple NEVER does anything wrong to customers or clients. Any complain must be the product of a competitor's envy,and nothing else. Always.

[/s]
In this case, I expect Someone's budget for judges and other officials has been greatly increased because, you know, that's innovation. Why would you put technologies like 4G in a device and then allow people to use them? I'm surprised they let some customers actually, you know, take photos or make calls.
Don't forget that 4G/LTE is a standard, and like all standards, everyone seems to have one.

Last edited by Macyourdayy; May 28, 2013 at 06:36 PM.
Macyourdayy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 06:15 PM   #85
Macyourdayy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofila View Post
Apple has nothing to worry about

as long as is clean and clear
Sure. Nobody has ever been wrongly accused or convicted with manufactured "evidence", or were you being sarcastic? (I have no idea or care what the little green face you used as a full stop means)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun, UK View Post
Microsoft, Google, Amazon, etc.

They've all been or are being investigated by authorities around the world including the EU.

Whatever the company or the industry sector if you have a dominant market share, the competition authorities have an obligation to make sure you don't abuse that position. In the end all they are trying to do is protect us the consumer.

If they've done nothing wrong then they've nothing to worry about.
Hang on a bit. Isn't Apple doomed and completely crushed by android? Haven't you seen the headlines? Now I'm really confused.

No, really.
Macyourdayy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 03:03 AM   #86
Oletros
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyourdayy View Post
In this case, I expect Someone's budget for judges and other officials has been greatly increased because, you know, that's innovation. Why would you put technologies like 4G in a device and then allow people to use them? I'm surprised they let some customers actually, you know, take photos or make calls.
Don't forget that 4G/LTE is a standard, and like all standards, everyone seems to have one.
You missed the sarcasm tag

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion