Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crows

macrumors member
Nov 26, 2012
I also own XPLANE 10 and a few others like counter-strike and starcraft 2 will have to see how they run but im expecting good frame rates, I was going to say xplane 10 is not a game but after going through my flight training for real, flight simulators seem like a game now lol... anyway I got the 27" with the i7,1TB fusion and GTX 680MX so I was hoping the hardware can handle games decently, I mean we all know that it won't perform like a desktop GTX 680 but all i want is to able to play the games with good quality, I know i wont be able to turn it up to ultra settings but if the game runs at 60fps with good quality I will be happy... I'm coming from a 3 year old gaming laptop which has a Geforce 9800M GTS so this is a big upgrade for me :)

symber

macrumors member
Dec 3, 2012
London
I have the 2011 27", 3.4Ghz, 1GB VRAM 6970M, 12GB RAM iMac. Gaming's been practically flawless on it, though I've not tested some of these more demanding games. I'm not a particularly avid gamer. But something like this Witcher 2, how would that run on my 1 GB 6970M?

(Be gentle)

xxcysxx

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
None of those games are terribly demanding. Your 680MX is going to laugh at you and light a cigar :) You're going to have to throw better games at that GPU my friend.

try enabling UberSampling in the witcher 2 and watch the that video card crawl.
i got two water cooled desktop gtx 680 superclocked in sli with current driver and it couldn't even hold a constant 60 fps most of the time. but on quad sli it will hold amazingly well.:D
so yeah, UberSampling will definitely load up that video card big time.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.