Pranked Nurse Found Dead - Page 11 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:49 AM   #251
Merkava_4
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulchR View Post
The Australian DJ's called at 5:30 AM in the morning. Because the hour was so early in the morning, the nurse who killed herself answered the phone instead of a receptionist. The nurse merely relayed the call to another nurse on the ward, who then was also duped and gave out private details about the Duchess of Cambridge. No doubt neither nurse could not tell that the caller was not the queen given the generally poor quality of British telephony.

Although the hospital claimed that no disciplinary action was taken against the nurse, if the nurse had been found to be negligent it might have ended her career. Also, you can imagine the jokes and constant ridicule this probably caused.

In any case, it now appears there is little doubt she killed herself. She was found hanged with 'injuries to her wrist', which I presume are cuts from an attempt to bleed to death. I think it was noted from one of the posts above, that in the nurse's culture having any part in the betrayal of patient confidentiality would be felt keenly as dishonor. And yes, there are people in the world who treat honor as a matter of life or death.

The details of how the nurse's body was found have been made public at a preliminary coroner's inquest. So sad....

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.
Merkava_4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues