Launch of Obamacare "like an Apple product" - Page 3 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Oct 2, 2013, 04:12 PM   #51
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas View Post
The poster was a now-banned member who had a slash after his name.

That would probably be eric/. But he's not here to explain himself. It's probably not worth hunting out.
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 04:24 PM   #52
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Oh, one of those guys. Mr. Big Internet Forum Employer Guy. So you're a big-time company guy who has an off-shored workforce, yet you carried a bargain-basement health plan? Yeah, this all makes sense.

Hahaha! Astute.
Blue Velvet is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 04:26 PM   #53
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsNotMe View Post
Well considering I have already off-shored the majority of my workforce and keep revenues overseas, I don't have to "move to a place where" I "don't have to worry about it".

The middle and lower classes will however, have to "worry" about it when they can't find a job.
You miss the point.

Where is YOUR health insurance coming from? If you believe you are being forced to purchase insurance, you are mistaken. If you don't like the law as it is, get people in office to change the law (which the Reds have tried to do 4 times; each time they've failed).

What I find rather sad is that you'd rather pay the tax on you not supplying your employees with health insurance. Basically, you've put a price on their health (the tax, per employee, per year), and decided that that is cheaper than things that are more intangible (like their loyalty, integrity, etc.).. things that make someone a great leader.

I find that sad. If you would do that to your employees, who wouldn't you do that to?

Quote:
Huh, that already happened under my old plan and it cost a whopping $5,000 or roughly 2 years worth of Obamacare premium increases. That money was then recovered as I was sideswiped and not at fault.
Again; you're covered, so you are exempt from the tax altogether. So none of this applies to you.

BL.
bradl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 04:29 PM   #54
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post
That would probably be eric/. But he's not here to explain himself. It's probably not worth hunting out.
Well, I was trying not to name names...but yes.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 04:38 PM   #55
jnpy!$4g3cwk
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Velvet View Post
You get a ton of other stuff which you've omitted... and I suspect you know it. Not only is it likely that your catastrophic coverage is much improved, you're also now protected from being denied health coverage in the future. You now have no annual limits, you can't be dropped if you become ill ...
Yes, this is the part about his healthcare that I have a financial interest in. As a taxpayer, I have a financial interest in his healthcare costs and his ability to pay them, because I as a taxpayer am already part of the deep pocket. We, as a society, are not willing to just let him die (reference the Ron Paul debate video -- we the majority, although apparently there are some who would let him die). Because we are not willing to let him just die unnecessarily, we need him to be covered somehow. But not only that. There are costs to us all any time someone goes bankrupt for healthcare cost reasons. The fact is, we all have a potential financial interest in each other's healthcare costs. That is why it isn't just a case of a lone individual pursuing his perceived rational self-interest.
jnpy!$4g3cwk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 04:52 PM   #56
Blue Velvet
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnpy!$4g3cwk View Post
That is why it isn't just a case of a lone individual pursuing his perceived rational self-interest.

Exactly. But you know, it's always about them, isn't it? A but tiring, to be honest.

Blue Velvet is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 08:42 PM   #57
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:

And there is no possible way that your $180 a month policy gave you a total out-of-pocket of $5000 after obtaining enough injuries to warrant skin grafts, transplants, or intensive care. My wife was in the ER for a whopping 8 hours because of a complication, had absolutely no procedures, just a couple of tests, and we paid almost $1200 out of pocket, while had a $10,000 per year insurance plan. Something isn't adding up.
Mine was around $180 with I want to say $7500 max out of pocket annually. It depends what insurance company, and all plans have restrictions. The one I have is okay for catastrophic care, but I'm not old or middle aged (yet). You can verify their existence just looking up blue cross california, but the others have plans in that range too. It's possible they go way up past your early 30s, but he mentioned being young. My issue is that he didn't provide enough context for comparison. It's a very typical pattern. Abstract anecdote provided as evidence. I just wanted to point out that plans like that do exist here. They just don't cover very much until you have met your deductible. I don't personally care if I have to pay more for things like office visits. As for the offshoring workers comment, he also had another silly rant where he equated hiring to "rewarding" the general population. Some people post weird stuff whenever the topical is politically charged.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 08:53 PM   #58
Spacial
macrumors 6502

Sucked into the vortex by one of the worlds great orators, millions of people are about to learn over time, the alternate meaning of Affordable. Trust is about to get you.
Spacial is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 10:05 PM   #59
Zombie Acorn
macrumors 65816

If I still resided in the US I would pay the penalty rather than buy insurance from a private company.
Zombie Acorn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2013, 07:42 AM   #60
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacial View Post
Sucked into the vortex by one of the worlds great orators, millions of people are about to learn over time, the alternate meaning of Affordable. Trust is about to get you.
Thank you for yet another statement that means nothing. We already had the least affordable healthcare in the entire world. Until you actually provide backup to your little quips, they mean nothing.

You ned to send me $10,000 right now. Not doing so will have grave consequences. I don't need to tell you why, but it's in your best interest. I know why. Just wait and see. So are you going to?
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:13 AM   #61
edk99
macrumors 6502a

You got to love the awesome number they picked. Bravo, Bravo!!
https://www.healthcare.gov/contact-us/
1-800-3182596
1-800-F1UCKYO

http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/03/ne...ional-hotline/
edk99 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues