iOS 6.1 to Add Siri-Based Movie Ticket Purchases via Fandango - Page 3 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:20 PM   #51
DrumApple
macrumors regular

News flash: Siri is a joke. Apple, stop focusing on stupid little featurettes like this that no one cares about and start innovating.
DrumApple is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:45 PM   #52
Mactendo
macrumors 6502

Oh Gods... Apple, stop releasing limited features! "Limited to US", "limited to selected theaters", limited to G-rated movies, limited to MasterCard owners, limited to North Dakota, limited to daylight saving time, limited to leap years.
Please keep such features limited to your most secret underground lab, so we'll never see them on our phones. Thank you.

Last edited by Mactendo; Nov 5, 2012 at 01:01 PM.
Mactendo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 12:47 PM   #53
autistic-savant
macrumors newbie

iRevenue

dear apple

the more you build purchase opportunities into your OS, the less credible you become and the less likely i am to purchase anything from you
autistic-savant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:30 PM   #54
OZPINHEAD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by autistic-savant View Post
dear apple

the more you build purchase opportunities into your OS, the less credible you become and the less likely i am to purchase anything from you
Dear user.

We are a business, not a benevolent society. We do these things to make your life easier and to make money along the way. We employ thousands of people and pay a decent wage even to the newest apple store employees. All of this takes money. So if you don't like us take your money to Google and Microsoft because we all know they are non-profit organizations.

I do love the ignore feature and non notification of quotes

Last edited by OZPINHEAD; Nov 5, 2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Because
OZPINHEAD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 02:32 PM   #55
frayne182
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZPINHEAD View Post
Dear user.

We are a business, not a benevolent society. We do these things to make your life easier and to make money along the way. We employ thousands of people and pay a decent wage even to the newest apple store employees. All of this takes money. So if you don't like it total Google and Microsoft because we all know they are non-profit organizations.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 04:29 PM   #56
TopToffee
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
and Siri remains a useless toy
Disagree strongly.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 05:36 PM   #57
autistic-savant
macrumors newbie

Siri is important as we migrate towards more human interfaces. Touch screens are a temporary fad and will age poorly. In 10 years we'll be laughing at how we used to use them - I laugh at them now when i see people scrolling through pages waving their hand around like a seizure, or trying to zoom in with an iphone camera.
autistic-savant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 07:54 PM   #58
Toppa G's
macrumors 6502

Did Siri pick a theater that was 1155 miles away from the iPhone user? Local results for the win!

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion