Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ocsupersonic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
England
Always been a windows person but over the past few years with an iPod touch,iPhone 4 then the 4s and an ipad 3 iv fallen for Apple so as my desktop is well past its sell by date I thought i'd treat myself to a new iMac.
Mainly use the computer for betting on betfair sometimes using automatic bet placement programs,Poker, surfing the web a bit of fiddling with photos (which I plan to do more of) small amount of gaming and watching films/tv.
I think I prefer the 27 inch model but no idea what upgrades are worth me getting if any so just looking for some advice/help.

Thanks in advance

Paul

medi.freak

macrumors regular
May 26, 2011
I'd say the base model is enough, but if you have the money I'd consider upgrading to the Fusion drive. Just for the better overall experience.

At least that is what I will do :)

ocsupersonic

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
England
Popped into Apple storeand the guys in there said the same "base model and maybe fusion" so I think I will go with that. Was budgeting on spending £2k so I think Mum will be getting an ipad mini for xmas.
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Paul

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.