Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I have a problem that popped up for no apparent reason. I want my computer to wake up as quickly as possible so a while ago I put it in hibernatemode 0, which is supposed to be RAM sleep only (computer won't hibernate). It worked for a long time, then recently the computer started lagging on wake. If it sleeps for over an hour and I open the lid the screen image comes up immediately but I can't type or move the mouse for about 5 seconds. I double checked and it is still in mode 0. I also tried to delete the sleep image to gain 8GB of storage space but every time I put the computer to sleep or restart the sleep image comes back and I lose the free space.

Does anyone know what's going on here? I can't tell exactly when it happened but it may have been the last update that messed it up.

filmbuff

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
I believe I fixed it by checking "put hard disks to sleep when possible" for both battery and power adapter, then changing it to hibernatemode 1 and back to 0. The weird thing is I can't get rid of the 8GB sleep image.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.