Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greg Lemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
28056_4875493722804_972335603_n.jpg

youtu.be/3q0LrKyNf9E

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-balls/id579108152?ls=1&mt=8

MONSTER BALLS!!!!

The Monster Balls are taking over…tap the screen to shoot them and blow them away!

Match your shot with the right color to start a combo, but don't let the Monster Balls touch the top of the tank or it's game over!

- eye-popping visuals, energized sound FX and a ridiculously catchy background tune.
- bubble shooter mechanics + real-time physics = ridiculous fun.
- tap the screen anywhere to shoot charged balls into the pile of balls.
- hit the right color….and hold on to your phone!
- incredibly simple and addictive gameplay.
- one-touch control system….it's all about timing, baby!!
- chain together huge combos for massive points!
- rain down epic destruction with the wild and hyper balls!
- real-time physics leads to nearly infinite emergent gameplay scenarios

Coming very very soon:
- Game Center support
- more bonus balls!
- blitz and puzzle modes!

I have three promo codes that I'm giving away exclusively for this forum.

Send me a PM, and if you're one of the first three, I'll send you a promo code!!!

Greg Lemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Three codes, ready to go to the first three people to respond to this thread!

252219_4875579964960_880586688_n.jpg

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Tried to send a PM but you set your preferences to not receive them!!!

Edit, in the first one you said PM me, in the second one I read respond in this thread so I did.

Greg Lemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Hi justperry,

Sorry about that...I just changed my options, so PM me and I should be able to send you a code. Let me know if that doesn't work.

G

Tried to send a PM but you set your preferences to not receive them!!!

Edit, in the first one you said PM me, in the second one I read respond in this thread so I did.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hi justperry,

Sorry about that...I just changed my options, so PM me and I should be able to send you a code. Let me know if that doesn't work.

G

Not working.
If I click on a user name a menu pops up and one of the Menu's is send PM, not with yours.
Try clicking on my User name, you'll see what I mean.
You probably are not allowed yet to receive PM's.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 91

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Downloaded the game.

This game is a nice game, sadly I can not play it well and the probable reason is that I have the iPhone 3GS, the game plays but is barely usable on this 3GS
This is not the game's fault as far as I can tell but the 3GS is probably just to slow to play this fast paced game.

I played it for about 10 times now and could not even get past the first level due to the high demand of the game on the graphic processor.
Edit: Not really anything in between levels, it stays in the game and got up to level 9.

I also found a bug, after playing for 2 times and after the game is over and start a new game the monster balls come down and before even starting the game it says game over, without any touch input on my side.
Edit: This already happened a few times now after playing the game some more.
This could be due to the 3GS.
If I don't close the game in the background and get back into the game it's just repeating this behavior.
I have to quit the game and start again.

Now, the graphics in the game are very well done, also inside the game, but sadly due to the performance of the 3GS it's a bit messy, just too slow.

Last edited:

Greg Lemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
Hi justperry!

Thanks for the feedback. The game is pushing up to 200 real-time physics bodies around on screen at any one time. An unfortunate side effect of this is that performance suffers on older devices.

The game over bug you're referring to is another side effect of that as well.

My personal phone is a Galaxy II, which runs the game very well.

If at some point you upgrade your phone, I hope you find the game to be more enjoyable.

Thanks again!

Downloaded the game.

This game is a nice game, sadly I can not play it well and the probable reason is that I have the iPhone 3GS, the game plays but is barely usable on this 3GS
This is not the game's fault as far as I can tell but the 3GS is probably just to slow to play this fast paced game.

I played it for about 10 times now and could not even get past the first level due to the high demand of the game on the graphic processor.

I also found a bug, after playing for 2 times and after the game is over and start a new game the monster balls come down and before even starting the game it says game over, without any touch input on my side.
This could be due to the 3GS.
If I don't close the game in the background and get back into the game it's just repeating this behavior.
I have to quit the game and start again.

Now, the graphics in the game are very well done, also inside the game, but sadly due to the performance of the 3GS it's a bit messy, just too slow.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hi justperry!

Thanks for the feedback. The game is pushing up to 200 real-time physics bodies around on screen at any one time. An unfortunate side effect of this is that performance suffers on older devices.

The game over bug you're referring to is another side effect of that as well.

My personal phone is a Galaxy II, which runs the game very well.

If at some point you upgrade your phone, I hope you find the game to be more enjoyable.

Thanks again!

Yes, it seems like the 3GS (bought new just a couple of months ago:eek:) is just not up to the job.

The game IS a good game, I like the gameplay and it is done well.

I will still give positive feedback later on in iTunes, won't mention the 3GS, wouldn't be fair now would it.

Greg Lemon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2012
That would be great. I will update my iTunes connect info to warn users of poor performance on 3GS. Thanks again for the feedback!

Greg

Yes, it seems like the 3GS (bought new just a couple of months ago:eek:) is just not up to the job.

The game IS a good game, I like the gameplay and it is done well.

I will still give positive feedback later on in iTunes, won't mention the 3GS, wouldn't be fair now would it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.